Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

nashville predators

jedi17
    jedi17

nashville predators Empty nashville predators

Post by jedi17 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 6:59 pm

Subban to IR, January Look
    January 2, 2017, 11:25 AM ET [8 Comments]
    nashville predators 24Paul McCann
    nashville predators Nas Nashville Predators Blogger • Predators Radio Network • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    First off, Happy New Year everyone! May 2017 bring you everything you want and need out of life. For Pred Nation, 2017 dawns with the news that PK Subban has been placed on injured reserve.

Well… that wasn’t the start to the new year I wanted.

Subban has been out of the lineup for seven games now in what is being termed as an “upper-body injury.” Speculation has swirled around two particular areas, I will not get into that here.

So… what happens to the team now that Subban is on the shelf for at least the next 2-3 weeks? They play with the cards dealt to them. No one player makes or breaks a blueline, especially one as deep as Nashville’s. The news that Anthony Bitetto is skating again is certainly welcome and sending Adam Pardy down to the Admirals sends a message that Bitetto could be very close to a return, bringing a much needed boost of grit to the defense.

Nashville’s defense is less dynamic without Subban in the lineup, but it is just as solid. Let’s face it… any blueline that can sport Roman Josi, Ryan Ellis and Mattias Ekholm is in pretty good shape, count in the contributions of a Yannick Weber and a Matt Irwin and the return of Bitetto… the blueline will be just fine. Consistency on offense will be the need to be fulfilled… forwards are the top six point getters on the team thus far, Filip Forsberg is on a scoring tear, Colin Wilson seems to be heating up and James Neal is dangerous every time he touches the puck... and I haven’t even mentioned to contributions of Viktor Arvidsson.

Losing Subban sucks, no question about it… but it is NOT the death knell for this franchise’s playoff hopes in 2017. Over the next three weeks, the Predators have 10 games… 3 at home and seven on the road. Considering that the team is on a three game road winning streak, being on the road may be a good thing, so let’s take a look at January…

The team starts with a game that has been circled on the calendar since the schedule came out, the team opens 2017 against Montreal. A matchup that originally was going to be a showdown between two franchise players traded for each other now becomes the welcome home for Shea Weber… which is exactly what it should be. Weber was an integral part of this team and he will be recognized as such without the distraction of comparison.

After the game against the Habs, Nashville hits the road for their normal back-to-back in Florida against the Lightning and Panthers, then to Chicago for a divisional matchup with the Hawks. Keeping their recent road success going will be a critical observation point during the entire month.

After those three, it’s back home for two against Vancouver and Boston before heading out on the second five game roadie of the Preds season, going to Colorado, western Canada and finishing in Minnesota. The team is home for two, Buffalo and the ridiculously red hot Columbus Blue Jackets right before All-Star weekend, then the Preds hit the road to finish the month in Pittsburgh. February awaits with 13 games, nine of them at home.

Game time tomorrow night is 7pm, very limited tickets remain and the Montreal media crush has already begun.

---------------------------------

Random Notes

- It seems another Chicago writer has his panties in a twist over the Predator’s ticketing policy… seems to happen every time the “GREAT, POWERFUL, BY-GOSH WE HAVE THREE CUPS IN SIX SEASONS AND YOU WILL BOW DOWN TO US AND LET US DO WHATEVER WE WISH OR WE WILL HOLD OUR BREATH UNTIL WE TURN BLUE” Chicago bandwagon comes to town. Sheesh, us poor little Nashville folks seem to have set up shop in these writer’s heads…  

- Check out Pete Weber’s outstanding blog on the Predators website on Shea Weber…

- Today’s Winter Classic has a tough act to follow… yesterday’s Centennial Classic was a great game… OK, a great third period and OT

- The Columbus Blue Jackets keep on rolling… 15 straight and counting…

- Three games in the NHL today, all times CST – Noon – CHI @ STL. 6pm – BOS @ NJD. 9pm – COL @ VAN.

------------------------------------

Tweets by @PredPAPaul

-------------------------------------

SSR’s season nine is on, our next show is Wednesday at 7pm on 102.5 the Game. SlapShot Radio is the longest running hockey show in the mid-south and Pete Weber and I bring you the best in hockey talk all season long. 

SlapShot Radio has been delivering great hockey talk to the most energetic and engaged fans in radio and advertising with us drives results. Our premier sponsors include day one sponsor Dr. Jane Bacon at Hermitage Family and Cosmetic Dentistry … make your appointment at (615) 872-7762, Mark Lonsway at ReMax Fine Homes, call him for all your real estate needs at (615) 207-7799, and TurfMasters… check out their great service at  TurfMasters.com.

Advertisers… reach out to me in order to access our activated listener base though great advertising deals available when you email me at paul(@)slapshotradio(dot)com

You can also keep up with all the goings on with SlapShot Radio by following the show on Twitter @SlapShotRadio1 … Also... make sure to "like" SlapShot Radio on Facebook... here's the link.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:07 pm