Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Lemon Curd Tartlets

Lobo
    Lobo

Lemon Curd Tartlets Empty Lemon Curd Tartlets

Post by Lobo Mon 02 Jan 2017, 7:02 pm

Lemon Curd Tartlets Img100l
    Lemon Curd Tartlets

Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 4
    For an easy dessert, fill a gingersnap crust with your favorite citrus curd, such as the lemon curd called for here. The spicy, buttery crust is a perfect foil for the curd’s tangy flavor and smooth texture. You can make tartlets or one large tart. Garnish either size with fresh fruit and a scattering of zest.

Ingredients:

For the crust:

• 1 3/4 cups gingersnap crumbs
    • 5 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature

• About 1 1 /2 cups lemon curd or Meyer lemon curd
    • 3 or 4 kiwifruits, peeled and thinly sliced
    • 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 375ºF. Butter four 4 1/2-inch tartlet pans with removable bottoms.

To make the crust, in a food processor, combine the gingersnap crumbs and butter. Pulse until the butter is evenly distributed and the mixture starts to clump together. Remove the crumb mixture from the food processor and press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared tartlet pans.

Bake until the crusts are set and begin to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the pans to a wire rack and let cool.

Remove the cooled tartlet shells from the pans and gently spoon the curd into the shells. Arrange the kiwifruit slices on top, garnish with the lemon zest and serve. Makes 4 tartlets.

Adapted from The Art of Preserving, by Lisa Atwood, Rebecca Courchesne & Rick Field (Weldon Owen, 2010).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:57 pm