Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Leafs about to leapfrog into playoff position

jedi17
    jedi17

Leafs about to leapfrog into playoff position Empty Leafs about to leapfrog into playoff position

Post by jedi17 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 8:01 pm

Leafs about to leapfrog into playoff position
    January 6, 2017, 11:09 AM ET [269 Comments]
    Lucas Neilson
    Leafs about to leapfrog into playoff position Tor Toronto Maple Leafs Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    When the 2016/17 season begun, I had figured the Leafs would be in the mix fighting for a playoff spot. By no means did I think they would be as well rounded as they have been. It’s been an up and down start for the Leafs as they floated around the .500 mark for quite some time, but have really begun to rack up the points in the last ten games or so. This young Maple Leafs team would not only learn a lot from a playoff run, but they would get some much needed experience and taste of what NHL playoff hockey is.  

Imagine that, a thirtieth place team just last season, making the playoffs the following year in the Eastern Conference which has sixteen teams! That’s one hell of a turn over. We as fans should be absolutely thrilled with the 180 the Leafs have pulled off this season. It’s impressive!

The core of the Maple Leafs is beginning to come together. When you have a core, you can build a team, a team to win.  

I think it’s safe to say the initial “pain” is over. Most Leafs fans that I’ve talked with are ecstatic with the direction of the franchise and have faith the team can make the playoffs.  

Toronto is just a mere two points back of the Boston Bruins but have played four less games. Considering the Leafs have only lost one game in regulation in their last ten I am quite confident we will be moving into a top three seed in the Atlantic Division. The Senators are only two points up on the Leafs with the same number of games played. Look out, here comes the Maple Leafs and the eruption from the Nation will be electric when they pass either of these rival teams.  

The Leafs will be in New Jersey tonight when they take on Lou Lamoriello’s old team the Devils. They have won two in a row and hold a 10-4-2 record at home. Our Maple Leafs will be well rested and hungry to position themselves into that number three slot in the Atlantic. Tonight’s game could be a huge one for Toronto as they continue to improve and continue to impress.  

If only the Leafs had done a better job at closing out games in the third or winning more shootouts than losing. I’m not complaining, this is the beginning of the rise of the Maple Leafs after all those years. Finally the time has come that we can all wear our gear with pride. Mind you, I wore it with pride even when we were in 30th, but I don’t have to listen to as much chirping from other team’s fans!

As a matter of fact, I’ve had a number of people approach me while I’m in my Leafs gear and say how impressed they are with players, coaching staff and management. It’s not just the Toronto fans who are noticing the emergence of Babcock’s Maple Leafs. 

Leafs Nation is heating up!!

Are you on the fence thinking the Leafs shouldn’t make the playoffs and should get another quality pick? Well I assure you, they could use another high end defender but it won’t be happening with a top 5 pick this year. The boys in the blue and white are too good for that to happen. What they need is some quality scouting in the 10-20 range as that’s likely where they will be drafting. If you are obsesses with hockey like most of us are, you will know a number of quality defenders were drafted late in the first round or even the second round. Toronto’s scouts just need to pluck a few gems and continue to develop them properly.

The young core of the Leafs getting into the playoffs is the best thing that could happen for this team.

A huge confidence boost it would be, and it just may help with prying a free agent to join the team.  

Should the Leafs be buyers or sellers at deadline? Who knows. I sure wouldn’t want to trade away any prospects or picks unless we are getting back not only a need for now, but the future. But let’s be serious here, no way will Lamoriello and Shanahan make a stupid mistake like the Maple Leafs of the past. Not after all the quality choices and hard decisions they have already made taking this team from the gutter to the glory, and the ball is just starting to roll.

I would imagine you see Andersen versus Schneider tonight, mind you the Leafs are right back at it tomorrow against Montreal. With the Habs being a force in the East, we may just see Babcock save Andersen for tomorrow. Either which way, if the Leafs can take another four points in these back to back games they will be solidifying themselves in a playoff spot with their chins up and confidence bolstering.

Enjoy the games, thanks for reading and have yourself a great weekend!

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:15 pm