Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Supermarket chain Kroger to fill 10,000 permanent positions

Lobo
    Lobo

Supermarket chain Kroger to fill 10,000 permanent positions Empty Supermarket chain Kroger to fill 10,000 permanent positions

Post by Lobo Mon 23 Jan 2017, 6:03 pm

Supermarket chain Kroger to fill 10,000 permanent positions

Supermarket operator Kroger Co said on Monday it would fill 10,000 positions this year, joining a list of companies that have publicized routine hiring plans as President Donald Trump puts pressure on companies to employ more U.S. workers.

The number of permanent jobs being filled this year, however, is lower than last year's hiring and represents about 2 percent of Kroger's total workforce.

Kroger had about 431,000 full- and part-time employees as of Jan. 30, 2016. The company hired more than 12,000 workers in 2016.

The company's shares were down 1.1 percent in afternoon trading.

Kroger's announcement comes on the same day Amazon.com Inc said it would create more than 1,000 permanent jobs in its new distribution center in Colorado.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc said earlier this month it would create 10,000 jobs in the United States as part of a previously announced plan.

Auto parts retailer AutoZone Inc announced plans to hire more than 12,000 new full- and part-time employees through April last week - part of its normal hiring plans.

Trump, who took on office on Friday, has criticized U.S. companies across industries for not doing more to keep jobs in the United States.

He met with a dozen American manufacturers at the White House on Monday, pledging to slash regulations and cut corporate taxes to stimulate growth and jobs in the United States.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-kroger-employement-idUSKBN1571NU?il=0

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:20 am