Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq at a Crossroads

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq at a Crossroads Empty Iraq at a Crossroads

Post by Rocky Thu 18 Jul 2013, 4:35 am

Iraq at a Crossroads

18 July 2013.

At the end of this month, Martin Kobler will finish his two-year term as United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon?s Special Representative for Iraq, and Head of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI).

While his tenure has not been without controversy ? he has, for example, been strongly criticised by some for his handling of the situations at Camp Ashraf and Camp Hurriya ? few would argue with this comment from his address to the United Nations Security Council earlier this week:

?The country can continue to make important strides in deepening the roots of democracy, pursuing reform, embracing diversity, as well as improving its stature in the international community. Or, Iraq can go down a dangerous path, potholed with political impasse and sectarian violence at each turn, leading to increased instability.?

In his closing remarks, he highlighted four principles that he deemed important at this time:

First, the Constitution should be upheld and implemented in full;
    Second, Iraq?s resources should be utilized efficiently and distributed equitably;
    Third, the environment should be protected; and,
    Fourth, the Government should scale up and implement a national policy on women while helping young Iraqis shape their own futures in the land of their birth.
    Mr Kobler is moving on to head the United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (MONUSCO), and Iraq Business News would like to take this opportunity to wish him well in his new post.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 5:25 pm