Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Tampa Bay Lightning

jedi17
    jedi17

Tampa Bay Lightning Empty Tampa Bay Lightning

Post by jedi17 Sun 05 Feb 2017, 4:04 pm

Lightning Mailbag: February 5th, 2017
    February 5, 2017, 8:46 AM ET [13 Comments]
    John Gove
    Tampa Bay Lightning Tb Tampa Bay Lightning Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

Happy Super Bowl Sunday Lightning fans! It's an even happier Super Bowl Sunday now that the Bolts ended their three-game losing streak last night with a shootout victory against the Anaheim Ducks. 

The win did not do much in terms of removing Tampa Bay from the bottom of the Eastern Conference but we are at a point in the season where it is more beneficial to focus on each game individually. It can just get plain depressing if you keep checking the standings. 

We only have one question this week but it is still important that it gets answered. I would love to make this post a weekly tradition so please send any questions you may have to johngove21@gmail.com. Of course, Tampa Bay Lightning questions are preferred but I'm willing to take on anything you've got. 

I thought for sure that Slater Koekkoek would have been a top six defenseman on the team this year. Why hasn't he been able to stick with the Lightning this season? 

I think this question has been running through the minds of many people following the Lightning this season. I have to admit that the way Tampa Bay has handled Koekkoek this season has been quite puzzling for me as well. 

On a team so desperate for solid blueline assistance, Koekkoek has shown signs of being a real defensive asset in the 29 games he has played for the Bolts this season. Of course, his game still needs to develop but I think we are at the point where that development needs to take place against NHL-level talent. I am of the mindset where it is important for players to be "thrown into the fire" so their professional develops in a way that counteracts what the opposition is bringing. 

As to why Koekkoek is not with the big club, I think it all comes down to contract type. He is still waivers-exempt while most other members of the Bolts' blueline are not. Sending down anyone other than Jake Dotchin would run the risk of having them be picked up by another team. 

In my opinion, there is no doubt that Koekkoek should be a member of this Tampa Bay Lightning roster. I believe that he is a part of the plan for the future of this organization and will play a key role in the 2017-18 season.

Current date/time is Mon 24 Jun 2024, 5:55 am