Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Best trade match for Matt Duchene and the Colorado Avalanche

jedi17
    jedi17

Best trade match for Matt Duchene and the Colorado Avalanche Empty Best trade match for Matt Duchene and the Colorado Avalanche

Post by jedi17 Mon 06 Feb 2017, 8:45 pm

Best trade match for Matt Duchene and the Colorado Avalanche?
    February 6, 2017, 10:44 AM ET [61 Comments]
    HockeyBuzz Hotstove
    RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

Matt Duchene's name has garnered a ton of talk from mainstream media of late and it seems like, sooner or later, the Colorado Avalanche will trade him.

In this edition of the hotstove we discuss the best trade match for the Avs should they decide to move Duchene.

Todd Cordell

​I think Nashville is the best match.

The Avs are desperate for help on defense and want someone who can contribute now and in the future. The Predators have four defensemen I'd be comfortable with on the top pairing (P.K. Subban, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm and Ryan Ellis) as well as the underrated Matt Irwin so they can afford to include one of the big four -- likely Ekholm or Ellis -- in a package and still have a quality blue line. 

In the event Colorado really wanted to get young, Nashville could still make an attractive offer including one of their top defense prospects (Dante Fabbro or Samuel Girard), Kevin Fiala and a 1st round pick.

That'd be a lot of youth to give up in one trade but Duchene just turned 26 and a Johansen-Duchene 1-2 punch, to go with the quality wingers and defense core already in place, would make the Predators a scary team.

Honorable mention goes to Anaheim. They have six billion good, young defensemen and a 1-2-3 of Duchene, Ryan Getzlaf and Ryan Kesler would be amazing.

James Tanner

The best team to get Duchene is the Arizona Coyotes. That might seem crazy, but hear me out. For one, they could easily take his cap hit as they'll also be moving contracts out over the next month. Two, they could easily meet the asking price. Three, if you look at Toronto, they have 9 rookies, but they also have Andersen, Gardiner, Kadri, Komarov and JVR in their primes. The Coyotes have Smith and OEL, and if they added Duchene it would go a long way in creating the balance they need to take the next step.

Peter Tessier

The most obvious choice seems like the Canadiens as having Duchene come through and shore up the depth in the middle would be a good move as their window gets a bit tighter each year. Does that mean they want to pay the freight, something more than what Andrew Ladd commanded last deadline- 1st round pick, Marko Dano and a conditional 3rd?

With a flat cap coming and the variables of the expansion draft the suitors for Duchene at the deadline might be smaller than expected but I could see a team like the Rangers taking a shot too. It would appear he'd be heading to the east but right to which team is still a guessing game because the cost will be big.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:35 pm