Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Chicago Blackhawks

jedi17
    jedi17

Chicago Blackhawks  Empty Chicago Blackhawks

Post by jedi17 Thu 23 Feb 2017, 8:22 pm

Thursday PM Rumor Update
    February 23, 2017, 1:17 PM ET [363 Comments]
    John Jaeckel
    Chicago Blackhawks  Chi Chicago Blackhawks Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

Just heard quite a bit from a great source, so let's go through it point by point:

PALAT

No longer available. Tampa is now serious about getting in the playoffs and seeing where they can go.

BIGGER DEALS (IE, DUCHENE, PALAT, PLAYERS WITH TERM REMAINING)

These deals called for other teams to take Hawk salary back and that became a stumbling block. Though I keep hearing, including today, there will be at least one "big" move this summer. 

Hawks shifting focus to players who are "either UFA or RFA this summer, or cost-controlled, and can be used up and down the lineup.".

MEN IN GREEN TIGHTS

Vancouver has surfaced as a trade possibility. Two names: Alex Burrows (would involve Vancouver retaining salary) and Jannik Hansen. As much as some love to hate Burrows, he is tough as nails to play against and can play with skilled players.

ARIZONA

"Hawks still talking with AZ about Hanzal another UFA who can fit in multiple spots and provide size . . . Hawks meeting with (ARIZONA) reps today to see if any common ground can be found re: a price reduction for Hanzal. Hainsey trade helps somewhat set the bar for pending UFA deals." 

DALLAS

Talks continue re: Eaves

DETROIT

Ditto, re: Tatar and/or Brendan Smith

GLASS

"Hawks signing Glass is not an insignificant move."

MISC:

"Another move for a forward who can be exposed may not be far off."

"Hawks getting a lot of calls today." 

"(For what it's worth) people seem to forget that the playoffs are a WAR, and Edmonton recently exposed again how you physically punish the Hawks and take away space as the blueprint to beat them."

"As good as the young guys have been, they are still mistake prone and are they really prepared for the potential four rounds of playoff hockey? That is why the Hawks are still looking to add."

Current date/time is Thu 18 Apr 2024, 10:28 pm