Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Appliance giant hhgregg ready to file bankruptcy after 14 straight quarters of declines

Lobo
    Lobo

Appliance giant hhgregg ready to file bankruptcy after 14 straight quarters of declines Empty Appliance giant hhgregg ready to file bankruptcy after 14 straight quarters of declines

Post by Lobo Sat 25 Feb 2017, 6:33 pm

Appliance giant hhgregg ready to file bankruptcy after 14 straight quarters of declines

Appliance giant hhgregg ready to file bankruptcy after 14 straight quarters of declines 8503322449_b77405a150_z

It was only a matter of time before hhgregg disappears.
    According to this Bloomberg report, the struggling retailer is on the brink of bankruptcy.
    HHGregg Inc., the 61-year-old seller of appliances and electronics, is preparing to file for bankruptcy as it grapples with slumping sales, according to people familiar with the matter.
    The filing may come as soon as next month, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the matter isn’t public. The Indianapolis-based company announced last week that it was pursuing a range of strategic and financial options. HHGregg is still seeking an out-of-court solution that would allow it to stave off Chapter 11, one of the people said.
    HHGregg, which has lost money the past two fiscal years, would join retailers such as Limited Stores and Wet Seal in seeking bankruptcy protection this year. The brick-and-mortar chains are victims of shifting consumer spending patterns, with more money headed to e-commerce and experiences — rather than traditional shopping centers.
    At HHGregg, particularly weak holiday sales have pushed the retailer closer to the edge. Its quarterly revenue for the period ended Dec. 31 plunged 24 percent. In light of the challenges, the company said on Feb. 15 that it hired Stifel, Nicolaus & Co. and Miller Buckfire & Co. to help find ways to improve liquidity and stem the red ink.
    http://www.thomasdishaw.com/economy/hhgregg-ready-file-bankruptcy-14-straight-quarters-declines/

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:01 am