Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

EU announces €42.5m in Humanitarian Aid for Iraq

jedi17
    jedi17

EU announces €42.5m in Humanitarian Aid for Iraq Empty EU announces €42.5m in Humanitarian Aid for Iraq

Post by jedi17 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 9:20 pm

EU announces €42.5m in Humanitarian Aid for Iraq

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    March 8, 2017 in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management announces additional funding to assist and protect civilians in Iraq during his fifth visit to the country.
    The European Commission is scaling up its response to the humanitarian crisis in Iraq with a new aid package in 2017 worth €42.5 million.
    The funding was announced today by the Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management Christos Stylianides who is concluding his 5th visit to the country since taking office.
    Speaking today from the Qayaarah camp for internally displaced people, Commissioner Stylianides said:
    “At this critical point in the battle to liberate Mosul, I am visiting the conflict areas to reiterate EU support and personally assess the needs. The humanitarian funds I announced will be instrumental to help the most vulnerable populations in active conflict areas including Mosul, Telafar and Hawidja, civilians in newly liberated areas and those forcibly displaced. 
    “I call again for the protection of all civilians during and after the conduct of hostilities and for humanitarian access to be guaranteed to all people in need, everywhere. This is essential both for saving lives and for future prospects of reconciliation and stability in Iraq and the whole region.”
    The initial allocation for 2017 comes on top of over €159 million in humanitarian assistance that the European Commission has already made available in 2016 and the delivery of 266 tons of aid offered by countries through the EU Civil Protection Mechanism in response to Mosul emergency.
    EU aid is covering the essential needs of the most vulnerable in Iraq, including food, health care, water, sanitation and hygiene as well as protection, shelter and education in emergencies.

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 7:29 am