Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Arizona Coyotes

jedi17
    jedi17

Arizona Coyotes Empty Arizona Coyotes

Post by jedi17 Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:08 am

PLUS/MINUS: The Bitter About Hockey Pools Edition: Hall, Ovechkin, Crosby +
    March 26, 2017, 12:17 PM ET [73 Comments]
    James Tanner
    Arizona Coyotes Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

"PLUS/MINUS is the NHL's best stat, and the only one I use"
    - Craig Button*

PLUS:Alex Ovechkin scored his 30th goal of the season last night. It made him the third player in NHL history to start his career scoring 12 straight 30 goal season.

Only Mike Gartner and Wayne Gretzky started their careers with more 30 goal seasons. But those guys did it when you could take shots on goalies who looked smaller then than defenseman do now.

Adjusting for era, Ovechkin is the greatest goal-scorer in NHL history.

PLUS: Before playing terribly last night against the Sabres, the Leafs had won seven of nine, and now it is possibly that they won't open the Playoffs against the Capitals.

This is extremely important for me. I have written for Hockeybuzz for three + years now and the team I cover has never made the Playoffs. I don't want to debut cheering against the team I cover, so I'd really appreciate it if the Leafs didn't start against Washington.

MINUS: The NHL still decides suspensions based on how big of a star you are. Slashes to the hand are an epidemic in the NHL. You know would have gone a long way to defeat it?

Giving the league's best and most popular player a five game suspension. (Then again, suspensions at this time of the year are basically vacations for teams who have their playoffs guaranteed).

PLUS: Watching a certain Orange Clown fail and embarrass himself. Pretty good week for sane people. **

MINUS: With Andersen down, the Leafs will be screwed. As good as Auston Matthews has been, you can make a good case that the Leafs MVP is Andersen.

MINUS: The quality of NHL broadcasting is in the toilet. Hockey Night in Canada is no where as good as it used to be. TSN is all but unwatchable with Ray Ferraro, Dave Poulin and Jeff O'Neil.

Bob Cole and Joe Bowen don't do the Leafs. Broadcasts have way, way, way too many ex-players (where as people with actual journalism degrees are way, way, way better) .

Innovation is not something you can ever expect to see. Too much talk about face-offs (it's ridiculous and seems like trolling at this point). No - absolutely none - talk of advanced stats.

In my opinion, the Canadian broadcast take themselves way too seriously and when I watch Coyotes or Ducks or Stars feeds, I always feel like they're better.

PLUS: Baseball pool Draft is tonight!

MINUS: I didn't do as much preparing as I usually do.

PLUS: Team Young Money is the raining Champ.

PLUS: Jake Gardiner deserves some Norris Consideration.

He's not on par with Burns, Karlsson, Hedman or OEL....but after that, why not?

PLUS: The Blue Jays Rotation.

PLUS: The Blue Jays, Raptors and Leafs have never, not even once, been simultaneously good before.

PLUS: Lego Batman

PLUS: Why I hate the World Baseball "Classic" (other than misunderstanding how the word 'classic' should be used) - I am sick of international sports competitions.

PLUS: How did the Islanders get back in the Playoff race? They had the worst non-Carlyle, non-Tippett coach in the NHL, so firing him was a big deal.

But their goalie, their depth after Tavares....it didn't look possible. I hate the Bruins, so I hope they make it.

Only Problem: The Bruins are closer to the Capitals and Penguins than any other team, and have suffered through a horribly unlucky season.

PLUS: It's crazy ironic that Julien got fired from a team that is/was better than the team he took over, which is currently in first place.

PLUS: I look forward to four years from now when the Canadiens hire Guy Charboneau.

MINUS: If I can find any empathy for a millionaire jock who lives a lifestyle the likes of which I can only wish to one day emulate, it's for Taylor Hall.

He should be in Edmonton co-leading the Oilers to the Playoffs with the scariest 1-2-3 punch in the NHL (McDavid, Hall, Draisaitl) and instead he's in New Jersey.

Taylor Hall is the best player in the NHL no one knows about. He has the career stats to make put him among the elite of the elite, and......Peter Chiarelli is truly the worst.

MINUS: My hockey pool was sunk by 3 x Avalanche (Mackinnon, Duchene, Barrie) Jake Allen and Taylor Hall.

On paper my team looked like I cheated to get it, and I'll probably finish in sixth (also on my roster in a 10 team keeper: Tarasenko, Barkov, Kucherov, Drouin, Bishop, Rask, Subban, Huberdeau, Eichel, Letang, Benn and Getzlaf).

What in the F------ even happened?

PLUS: Somehow I'm still in competition in a league where Connor Hellybuck is one of my goalies.

MINUS: I'll not only lose my hockey pool. I will lose it to Ken AKA 'Soft Dump in the Corner.' AKA the guy who traded Holtby for Budai in the one pool I might win.

Thanks for proving that Karma doesn't exist Kenny G. (Actual name). This one's for you:

* Not a real quote
    ** I meant Ronald, not Donald - I may have got food poisoning from my shamrock shake!!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:08 pm