Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

5 posters

Washington closed its embassy in Baghdad and a number of countries due to al-Qaeda threats

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Washington closed its embassy in Baghdad and a number of countries due to al-Qaeda threats Empty Washington closed its embassy in Baghdad and a number of countries due to al-Qaeda threats

Post by Rocky Fri 02 Aug 2013, 4:09 am

Washington closed its embassy in Baghdad and a number of countries due to al-Qaeda threats

BAGHDAD / obelisk: announced that the U.S. State Department, Friday, closing embassies in a number of Arab capitals, including the Iraqi capital Baghdad, they received threats from al-Qaeda targeting diplomats, while channel reported CBS News U.S. to embassies in Bahrain, Israel, Jordan, Yemen, Afghanistan and Bangladesh will be closed as well.

Quoted by CBS News the U.S. for the U.S. State Department to "shut down embassies in a number of Arab capitals and Asian linked information with U.S. intelligence on the outline of the base targeted sites U.S. diplomat in the Middle East and other Islamic countries," indicating that "the CIA did not mention a site specific" .
    part, a ministry spokeswoman said Mary هارف, told reporters, "Foreign Ministry issued instructions to some U.S. embassies and consulates to remain closed or suspended work on the fourth Sunday of August ... security considerations prompted us to take this precautionary step."

It added هارف "We must take these precautionary measures motivated by caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting our facilities ... the ministry to take such steps when circumstances warrant to ensure the continuity of our operations, taking into account safety and security considerations."

The هارف refused to give details about those "security considerations" or label that embassies and consulates will be closed.

Showed a quick search on the State Department Web site on the Internet that these embassies, including several U.S. missions in the Muslim world, including the embassy in Abu Dhabi, Baghdad and Cairo. "

Said CBS News that "the U.S. embassies are also in Bahrain, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Yemen, Afghanistan and Bangladesh will be closed on Sunday."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Washington closed its embassy in Baghdad and a number of countries due to al-Qaeda threats Empty Re: Washington closed its embassy in Baghdad and a number of countries due to al-Qaeda threats

Post by Rocky Fri 02 Aug 2013, 6:45 am

In an unprecedented step .. Washington announces near close its embassy in Iraq

Friday, 02 August / August 2013 01:48

Weak Good Twilight News / announced the U.S. Department of State, late in the evening of Thursday, that a number of its embassies will be closed for security reasons, first and foremost embassies and diplomatic missions in Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Kuwait during the next few days.

In a later comment to the U.S. State Department pointed out that its embassy in Egypt will be closed on Sunday for reasons of security without clarification risk or any other details about the move.

The State also indicated in a statement reported for "Twilight News" that the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama is currently considering the risks that threaten the U.S. Embassy in Yemen, was not clear if there was any intention to shut them down, too.

U.S. State Department did not provide or officials of any additional details about the date of closure of embassies in Kuwait, Iraq and Libya.

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Washington closed its embassy in Baghdad and a number of countries due to al-Qaeda threats Empty Re: Washington closed its embassy in Baghdad and a number of countries due to al-Qaeda threats

Post by Rocky Fri 02 Aug 2013, 6:45 am

US Embassies to Close Sunday Amid Terrorist Threat State Dept. Notified of Plot Against Facility in Muslim Country

By MARTHA RADDATZ, DANA HUGHES, and CHRIS GOOD

Aug. 1, 2013

The embassies will close in response to "a specific threat against a U.S. embassy or consulate," according to a senior U.S. official, who called it a "concerted effort" to target an embassy or consulate in a Muslim country.

"We just don't know which one," the official told ABC News.

"There could be other targets, not just embassies," another U.S. official said. The threat is considered to be throughout the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia.

Some of the biggest U.S. embassies will close, including those in Egypt, Iraq, Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait, where tens of thousands of U.S. troops are based. The U.S. embassy in Afghanistan will also close. So will embassies in Dhaka, Bangladesh; Amman, Jordan; Muscat, Oman; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; Algiers, Algeria; Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Sana'a, Yemen; and Tripoli, Libya, according to security warnings issued by those embassies. Two consulates in Saudi Arabia will also close, in Dharan and Jeddah, as will a consulate in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

The State Department has instructed all U.S. embassies that would normally be open this Sunday to close, according to a senior State Department official. U.S. embassies in Muslim countries are typically open on Sundays, while others are not. Most U.S. embassies will be closed this Sunday in keeping with normal hours of operation.

The State Department announced the closings at its daily briefing on Thursday, declining to provide specifics about the security threat.

"Security considerations have led us to take this precautionary step," State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters.

The embassies could remain closed past Sunday.

While next week will mark the Muslim holiday of Eid, and the end of Ramadan, a U.S. official declined to draw any connection between the security threat and the Muslim holy calendar.

Messages were disseminated by those embassies throughout Thursday.

"The Department of State has instructed certain U.S. Embassies and Consulates to remain closed or to suspend operations on Sunday, August 4," the warnings read, providing embassy phone numbers if U.S. travelers need emergency assistance. "The Department has been apprised of information that, out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting our installations, indicates we should institute these precautionary steps. It is possible we may have additional days of closings as well, depending on our analysis."

U.S. ambassadors, not the State Department, usually determine when embassies will shut down. A senior U.S. official called today's move a "real precedent-setting event."

Copyright © 2013 ABC News Internet Ventures

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Post by Rocky Fri 02 Aug 2013, 6:46 am

Politicians: Washington know what is happening in Iraq and a possible Obama intervention to resolve the political problems

08/02/13 : editor: br reporter: Tomorrow Press / Baghdad: still an issue storming prisons, Abu Ghraib and Taji in the 21 of last July, a source of concern for many is not only the fact that fugitives from senior leaders of al-Qaeda, but because of the political differences had a significant impact on the security file Iraqi who witnessed the episode continued coordinated attacks car bombs hit most cities in the country and claimed the lives of dozens and ended stormed prisons.

This is some to demand the payment of the administration of U.S. President Barak Obama by clicking on the Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to take practical steps with the political parties in return for providing support and rehabilitation and training to Iraqi forces.

It saw the newspaper and Ashtun Post in an editorial on Thursday, the first of August now, "that the Obama administration pressure on Maliki and the requirement for it to take some action in return to support him with arms and rehabilitation and training the U.S., and other than this, the extremists in Iraq would be a problem for the security of the U.S.."

The newspaper added that "the Vice-Chancellor of U.S. President Barack Obama, in time for National Security Affairs, Denis McDonough, he had said, during his speech for the decision to withdraw troops permanently in October 2011 what we aspire to is a secure, stable and supported himself, and this is what we got it, so I do not doubt that this was a success. "

While Iraqi lawmakers believe that the U.S. government aware of what is happening in Iraq of an upsurge in violence in the country, especially in the recent period, due to the intersections between the political blocs in addition to the current events in Syria, which calls on the U.S. administration to maintain security in Iraq.

do U.S. President clicking on the Maliki government to improve its relationship with all its partners in the political process, and even demanded the United States to speed up the arming of the Iraqi army, and work together with the Iraqi institutions Naveen intervention of American troops to establish security in Iraq.

According to the MP for the Kurdistan Alliance, both Talabani for "tomorrow's Press," that "the U.S. government aware of the escalating violence in Iraq and the movements of terrorist forces and what happens bombings and drop the file security as a result of the reports provided by the embassy in Baghdad for the overall events that get the political and security."

Talabani adds that "in front of the U.S. administration a great responsibility for the preservation of Iraq and its stability and security, especially with the U.S. concerns about what is happening from terrorist acts and the deterioration of the security situation in all Iraqi provinces."

The European Union condemned on the 29th of July, 2013, terrorist acts taking place in Iraq since the beginning of the month of Ramadan, calling on political leaders to create a political environment to reduce the cycle of violence calling on Iraqi political leaders to work together to create a stable political environment and efforts to put an end to the spiral of violence service to the people Iraqi.

Talabani asserts that "asked the Obama administration pressure on Maliki, in order to improve relations with the political blocs because these relationships have a significant role in the security file, and thus find the White House administration that it is necessary to resolve all political disputes."

According to Talabani that "bring the Abu Ghraib prison and the flight of some of the prisoners has to do side intelligence does not tolerate poor reinforcement of these forces, and therefore what you want the Obama administration is to restore relations between the political blocs to normal because of its impact on the internal security situation."

And was one of the lawyers for the defense of Saudi prisoners in Iraq confirmed, in the first of August 2013, and confirmed the defense lawyer for the Saudis in the first of August 2013, that the return of 45 prisoners Saudis to their country conditional visit of the Saudi delegation, which was scheduled to visit Baghdad a month ago, indicating The decision to release them was by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.

The Talabani added that "part of the process of providing security has to do with arming the army, which is linked to relations between the political blocs and nature, and thus subject and political demonstrations that have taken place also has implications, as well as the situation in Syria, which has a big role in increasing acts of violence."

For his part, says MP for the coalition of state law, Abbas al-Bayati said that "the United Nations partner basis of Iraq, according to the security agreement strategy that requires the provision of support for him in terms of experiences and reinforcement," stressing that "Iraq is currently facing fierce attack and open war led by the terrorist forces should be on the Americans to help Iraq to get out of this crisis. "

Bayati adds, "Tomorrow's Press," that "Iraq is a real need to cooperate with the United States to avoid security breaches that get", noting that "political differences as possible be resolved through constitutional institutions, but more importantly is the arming of the army to confront terrorism."

And asserts that "a natural partnership between Iraq and the United States spend on the U.S. side to accelerate in the promotion of the Iraqi defenses that suffer from the loss of aerial photography aircraft and F-16 Apache but until this moment we hear all the promises from the Americans did not receive anti-terrorism agencies."

It stresses Bayati that "the Iraqi constitution prohibits the use of arms in front of the Interior, and the Americans forming operations room to fight terrorism," denying that "there is an intention to enter the U.S. in order to establish security in Iraq, but what we need is expert and technology."

Bayati shows that "terrorist groups do not target Iraq alone, but threatens all the countries of the region and the region of stability and security."

As promised, spokeswoman for the U.S. State Mary in a press statement on Thursday briefed them "tomorrow's Press," "targeting innocent people in Iraq in order to sow confusion is not likely and reprehensible," adding that "the month of July was the deadliest since the year and 2008 and the majority of people Iraq rejects and refuses to perpetrators. "

And demanding b "for a political dialogue to resolve tensions", expressing "his country's support for the strong position of many political and religious leaders against violence."

In turn, accuse the MP for the coalition of state law Mohammed Chihod, some political blocs to provide cover and Alhawwazn to al-Qaeda in order to implement terrorist operations in many areas of the country, and stressed that some of them have extensive relationships with some tribes sympathetic to al-Qaeda, while wondering about how to get the base all this money into Iraq.

He adds Alziod in a statement received "tomorrow's Press," a copy of "some of the political blocs have links with al-Qaeda and are intermediaries between the organization and the financiers to him," asserting that "these have extensive relationships with some tribes sympathetic to al-Qaeda operating Khawwadhan him" .

The Alziod indicates that "political money and money laundering are financed al-Qaida operations," and wondered "Otherwise where all that money comes to al-Qaeda to Iraq, said there was no easy entry into Iraq."

The United Nations in Iraq, confirmed Thursday that about 3383 people had been killed and wounded during the terrorist attacks that hit Iraq during the month of July, and drew the numbers of dead and wounded very large compared to Aban Alguettal sectarian, while stressed the need for immediate and decisive action to stop the bloodshed blood.

And hit Iraq during the month of July bombings were the deadliest since 2008, but the 28 of July, saw alone bombings more than twenty car bombs and explosive devices in Baghdad, Basra, Muthanna, Wasit, Samarra, Salahuddin claimed the lives of dozens of dead and wounded in the attacks seem organized and coordinated At one time, mostly targeted for construction workers gatherings and popular markets.

The gunmen attacked the night of July 21 of the current, the prisons of Abu Ghraib and Taji simultaneously, which led to the chaos caused escape of 500 to 1,000 prisoners, according to a member of the Commission on Security and Defense parliamentary Zamili governor.

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Post by Rocky Fri 02 Aug 2013, 7:14 am

U.S. Department of State

Marie Harf
    Deputy Spokesperson
    Daily Press Briefing
    Washington, DC
    August 1, 2013

QUESTION: There are some, I guess you could call them, rumors that I was hoping you could address that some U.S. embassies may be closing or closed?

MS. HARF: Yes, just one second. So the Department of State has instructed certain U.S. embassies and consulates to remain closed or to suspend operations on Sunday, August 4th. The Department has been apprised of information that, out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting our installations that indicates we should institute these precautionary steps. The Department, when conditions warrant, takes steps like this to balance our continued operations with security and safety.

QUESTION: Which embassies and --

MS. HARF: I don’t have a full list of that in front of me. I can endeavor to get that.

QUESTION: Well, do you have a partial list?

MS. HARF: I don’t have a list in front of me.

QUESTION: So, well, do you know who they – which ones they are.

MS. HARF: I want to – I believe I do, Arshad, but I want to make sure I have a complete list about which ones fall under this.

QUESTION: Do you have a geographic region?

MS. HARF: I don’t. I don’t, no.

QUESTION: And did you say how many?

MS. HARF: I said certain. I didn’t say how many. Again, this is something that is just happening. I can endeavor to get some more details for you, and if I can share them, we’ll provide that.

QUESTION: And is the --

QUESTION: And is that a potential terrorist attack?

MS. HARF: I’m not going to go into any more detail about specific threat information or security considerations, obviously. I would also point you to the Worldwide Caution that we put out in February of 2013 which speaks to potential terrorist threats in different places around the world to speak to some of the steps we recommend people taking and some things they take into consideration when situations like this arise.

QUESTION: What’s happening on August 4th?

QUESTION: Under the no double – under the – yeah, well, two things. One, is it threats and security? Is it correct to, from your last statement, to understand that it is indeed threats and/or security considerations that have led you to make this decision?

MS. HARF: I wouldn’t want to use a specific term except to say security considerations have led us to take this precautionary step, as we do from time to time, as you all know.

QUESTION: And – yeah, but under the no double standard rule, are you not obliged to tell the American public of steps – specific steps that you’re taking to protect your own officials at embassies?

MS. HARF: Yes, and if that applies in this case, those steps will, of course, be taken.

QUESTION: Why wouldn’t it apply in this case?

MS. HARF: I don’t have that detail in front of me. I know that was a discussion as I came down here about whether it would. But I am assuming it does. Again, and I’ll get you updates as I get them. But if it does, we would, of course, take the necessary steps.

QUESTION: Just because, presumably, if a U.S. citizen needs to go to an embassy and you’re not willing to disclose that the embassy is closed, and then they show up and the embassy blows up --

MS. HARF: Right, and of course, we would --

QUESTION: -- that doesn’t seem very fair.

MS. HARF: Well, of course, we will – are working to disclose all of the embassies to the people that either would be coming there or that have meetings there. That process will be ongoing throughout the rest of today. As you know, Sunday in many places is not a workday to begin with. In some places, of course, it is. So as I get more information, I’m happy to pass it along.

QUESTION: So this is specifically Sunday, August 4th --

MS. HARF: Correct.

QUESTION: -- or is there a potential for extension or --

MS. HARF: It’s specifically August 4th. It is possible we may have additional days of closing as well. Of course, depending on our analysis, individual U.S. embassies and consulates will announce whether or not they are open and whether they are implementing restrictions or other measures.

QUESTION: And is there any significance – we know around 9/11, embassies undergo review beforehand and there are steps put in place. Is there any significance attached to August 4th?

MS. HARF: I don’t have any further details on specific threat information or anything of that nature. I would caution people, as I think we always do, from making any assumptions or drawing conclusions before there are more facts available.

QUESTION: And is there – you said that this happens from time to time.

MS. HARF: Mm-hmm.

QUESTION: I’m paraphrasing your words, but you said that this is something that has happened before. When was the last time that something like this happened?

MS. HARF: I can get specific information for you. I don’t have it in front of me. As different embassies or consulates around the world receive different information, I know we adjust our security posture accordingly. I can get some more specifics for you on when in the past this has happened as well. I just don’t have that in front of me.

QUESTION: Thank you.

MS. HARF: Yes.

~~~~~~

QUESTION: On Iraq.

MS. HARF: Yes.

QUESTION: There’s a report that there was over a thousand deaths in July, which sets a record for the last few years, and I was wondering if the State Department had a comment on that.

MS. HARF: Mm-hmm. Well, we are deeply concerned by the nature of these attacks that we’ve seen and by the levels of violence in Iraq. The targeting of innocent people in an effort to sow instability and division is obviously outrageous and reprehensible.

I would make a point that we believe that the rise in violence is driven by terrorists who are not representative of Iraqi society writ large. The vast majority of Iraqi people continue to reject this violence and call for political dialogue to resolve tensions. And I would underscore that we are encouraged that many political and religious leaders have taken a strong stance against this violence and that they have continued to explore ways to address the ongoing political and security

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Post by Rocky Fri 02 Aug 2013, 7:16 am

Jawad Albzona: America will close its embassy in all parts of the world in front of citizens and employees for security reasons

02-08-2013 10:56 AM

Baghdad (news) .. According to the independent MP Jawad Albzona, that the United States will close its embassies all over the world in front of citizens and employees for security reasons. said Albzona in a statement (of the Agency news): Serenade U.S. embassy decided to close its embassy in all over the world and not only in the Arab countries for security reasons, pointing out that the closure would be the withdrawal of the embassy of the state, but rather for a specific period in front of employees and citizens. added: they might have intelligence information by targeting its embassy in the Arab countries and decided to shut down on Sunday. was the U.S. State Department, announced the closure of its embassy in Iraq in the next few days. embassy said in a statement received by the Agency (news) copy of it: that a number of its embassies will be closed for security reasons, first and foremost embassies and diplomatic missions in Iraq, Egypt, Libya and Kuwait during the next few days. added statement: that its embassy in Egypt will be closed on Sunday for security reasons, to افتتا that the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama is currently considering the risks to the U.S. Embassy in Yemen, was not clear if there was any intention to shut them down, too. / End / 2. g. / mm

notazbad2000
    notazbad2000
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Post by notazbad2000 Fri 02 Aug 2013, 7:37 am

US Embassy in Baghdad closed on Sunday

Added by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on August 2, 2013.
    Saved under [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) The US Department of State decided to close some of its embassies which usually work on Sundays in Baghdad, Abu Dhabi and Cairo due to security concerns.
    The CBS News TV Channel reported “The US Department of State has instructed certain US embassies and consulates to remain closed or to suspend operations on Sunday, August 4.”
    “The decision was taken out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting our installations,” State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said Thursday.
    “Harf said that the embassies would be closed specifically on Sunday, with an assessment afterwards on whether to reopen them.”
    The State Department has not released a list of which embassies will be closed.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Follow us: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Fri 02 Aug 2013, 7:53 am

I've been watching this. At first they would not even say what part of the world this was to take [b style="font-size: 13px;"]place and then they gave a partial list without Iraq being on the list and now Iraq is there... August 4th.... hmmmmmmm makes you wonder?[/b]

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Post by Rocky Sat 03 Aug 2013, 7:01 am

Araji: the closure of the U.S. embassy in Baghdad, a message to the world that Iraq is in a state of emergency

03-08-2013 09:28 AM

Baghdad (news) .. Promised the Liberal bloc in Parliament, said the decision to close the U.S. embassy in Baghdad, and in the circumstances experienced by the country what only a clear message to the rest of the world content that Iraq is in a state of emergency and the need for shut سفاراتكم it.

The head of the bloc, Bahaa al-Araji, said in a statement received Agency (news) copy of it: that in a time when we hope U.S. Embassy closed permanently remind our people that the United States is still the cause of the crises in Iraq.

He continued: Otherwise, what this decision under such critical circumstances through which our beloved country, but a clear message to the rest of the states that Iraq is in a state of emergency, and the need to shut down سفاراتكم it, it's also a message to confirm the crisis and give the green light for the base to set up its terrorist operations.

He said al-Araji: We are at the same time we draw our message to the sons of the Iraqi people need to unite and indifference to these methods, which are intended to sow fear among our people, calling on the government to demand from the U.S. side malignant close its embassy in Iraq, it has become a source of concern for the security situation As long as our country has sovereignty over our land beloved. / End / h. P /

GWT54
    GWT54
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by GWT54 Sat 03 Aug 2013, 10:42 am

This is what happens when you have a president that apologizes for everything we've ever done and doesn't take action when we are attacked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:31 am