Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Arizona Coyotes

jedi17
    jedi17

Arizona Coyotes  Empty Arizona Coyotes

Post by jedi17 Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:12 pm

The Greatest Commercial of our Times + (Shocker) Coyotes Lose!
    March 28, 2017, 10:04 AM ET [21 Comments]
    James Tanner
    Arizona Coyotes Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

Doing some quick research for this article, I came across last night's post-game press scrum with Coyotes' coach Dave Tippett.

You have to hand it to everyone involved - just total pros all around and no hint of how stupid or absurd the entire thing is.

First, the Blues are one the NHL's best teams (their record should be better than it is, and they'll draw a first-round opponent who deserves an easier matchup) and the Coyotes are one of the worst.

But that doesn't stop some guy with a mic and a job of asking Ol' Tip from what went wrong. (Hint it was the fact you had to play St.Louis) or Tippett from offering an explanation with a straight face.

Who is watching this stuff anyways? I have watched a marriage-threatening, life-questioning amount of hockey this year and this was my first post-game coach's press-scrum.

What insight are you going to get from a guy who will never give an honest answer?

"Oh Yah, our boys played grate(sic), y'know, but we, ah, just, y'know couldn't get 'er going."

Why not ask the guy a real question, like for instance: "Why would you scratch Duclair when he seems to be coming around? Are you concerned he might get his confidence back or something? Did you do it just to be mean? Do you have a heart?"

Better to watch this:

Honestly, whoever made that commercial is in sync with my personal aesthetic to a degree which terrifies me. The music, the slow mo, the expressions, the one line, everything is perfect. If I was doing a doctorate on media studies, I'd write my dissertation on this work of pure genius.

I want to be best friends with the director.

Anyways, back to the game.

To be honest, I was really excited about watching Clayton Keller make his debut, but I spent most of the time watching the Lightning game.

Lucky I did happen to catch some of it, including this play:

If Jesus and the director of that milk commercial got together I don't even think they could come up with a goal like that. Possible goal of the year material.

As for Keller, he looked OK from what I saw. He played about 13 minutes and had a -1 shot differential, and he got another minute on the powerplay. He had zero personal shots.

Anyways, that's that. The Coyotes will again play the Blues on Wednesday.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:15 am