/ Adel Abdul-Zahra Shabib activities
| Print | E-mail
Published on Tuesday, April 4 / April 2017 19:12
In the World Bank report entitled ((Doing Business 2016)), Iraq has been included in the bottom of the bank being one of the world's worst in business activities, the report was based on the assessment that Iraq still faces difficulties and challenges constitute an obstacle to the fulfillment of his under governments helpless.
These are challenges by: -
1.tdhor security and political situation.
2. the spread of financial and administrative corruption and the inability to confront it.
3. The deterioration of the overall economic activity.
4. The war on terrorism and the collapse of oil prices.
5. High unemployment and poverty rates have attained serious.
The report also depends on the assessment of the measurement systems that affect (11) area of business life, which include: -
* Starting a business.
* Dealing with Construction Permits.
* Get electricity.
* Property registration.
* Get credit.
* Investors Protection.
* The payment of taxes.
* Cross-border trade.
* Contract enforcement.
* Settlement of insolvency cases.
* Organization of the labor market.
Iraq has obtained ranked 161 in this category at the bottom of the list of countries worst in the world in business activities, and an indication of the low level reached by the Iraqi economy, which is the order of repelling the domestic and foreign investment and does not encourage investors to enter the Iraqi market. The order of Iraq in 2015, is ranked 160 in the list of countries included in the report and in 2016 was ranked 161 and this means that Iraq has dropped periodically. The reason in this decline and the decline of the Iraqi economy is due to the role of successive governments since 2003, and to this day in its inability to take over the reins and lead Iraq to become at the bottom of the list of countries experiencing growth and development at all levels, which led him to occupy Iraq ranked first among the most corrupt countries in the world by transparency international, and led also to become one of the world's worst in the level of education as well as health services, and to be also from the worst Countries in the quality of living, it is the worst in everything.
All because of the absence of good governance and the marginalization and exclusion of efficient and fair national figures seeking the fulfillment of His prosperity, and as a result of the adoption of the quota system hateful and narrow party system and the policy of marginalization of others, and the situation will remain as it is, it could get worse if it continued the political struggle between the powerful forces on influence and power and the division of Iraq, cake, and if the quota system continued. It has resulted in the absence of the role of the private sector in the Iraqi economy and government policy in the sinking of the Iraqi market foreign products imported different, agricultural, industrial and other, and the lack of investment climate, in addition to infrastructure deterioration and lack of economic strategy that Iraq occupies the last rank in this category periodically, this Requires :
• Activating participation with the private sector to support and promote economic growth and moving the wheel of economic life in general.
• Establish a clear policy for banks to provide credit facilities and the promotion of investments to the productive sectors, housing and service projects and tourism.
• improve government performance in the economic process management and elimination of quotas and the adoption of the principle of citizenship, integrity, efficiency, and put the right person in the right place system.
• Develop general economic strategy and the adoption of plans and programs of short, medium and long term
• fight against financial and administrative corruption and money laundering.
• attracting foreign investment and the fight against bureaucracy.
• diversify sources of national income and not rely on the export of crude oil only in the financing of the state budget.
• the elimination of terrorism and the liberation of all the occupied territories of Daesh and to provide security, stability and reconstruction of the devastated areas, which is an important factor in attracting investment to Iraq.
• Aad powerful Iraqi hands that do not care about only personal interests.
• Develop plans for sustainable development, economic growth and transforming Iraq from a country consumer importer to exporter.
After all this, do some people will be elected to the same faces of corrupt and non-qualified in managing the affairs of the country to be returned to the same tragedy and the same deterioration in the situation and Iraq remains the worst in everything? Or are elected civilian elements, democracy, efficient and fair, which has the potential to save Iraq than it is now to be in the ranks of developed countries and countries with the best service of its people on different identities, religions and sects and ethnicities?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]