Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Anaheim Ducks

jedi17
    jedi17

Anaheim Ducks  Empty Anaheim Ducks

Post by jedi17 Thu May 04, 2017 5:37 pm

Game Night: Go for Square
    May 3, 2017, 8:26 PM ET [43 Comments]
    Ed Stein
    Anaheim Ducks Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Well the Ducks figured out this series isn't a hit in the head. It took a few games, but they finally showed up over the weekend in Edmonton. Ryan Kesler was Ryan Kesler; Jakob Silfverberg played like Jakob Silfverberg. Rickard Rakell, Ryan Getzlaf, etc played like the guys Ducks fans have been waiting for since round two began. Sunday was the first step.

Bad Idea

Someone at the league offices wasn't thinking when they put this series schedule together. Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, repeat is awkward. I'm not opposed to three days between games, but why not have the break when teams travel? It just works better that way. Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday ends the series on the same day, but keeps some consistency.

Speed over Power

One advantage to the Ducks recent injury issues is that the team is as fast as they can be. Brandon Montour and Shea Theodore are more mobile than injured Kevin Bieksa. Up front, Ondrej Kase has much more speed than Patrick Eaves, who will miss tonight's game. The trade off for increased speed is a loss of both experience and physicality.

Ducks @ Edmonton: Round 2, Game 4

Sunday night, the Ducks needed goalie John Gibson to stand up to Edmonton and he did. His performance should get him another start tonight. The six defensemen will also remain the same. Patrick Eaves is a no go up front tonight with a LBI. His absence will cause coach Randy Carlyle to shuffle the lines. The biggest change will reunite Corey Perry on the top line with Rakell and Getzlaf. Ondrej Kase will replace Eaves in the lineup, and Perry on the third line. Here is the expected team Anaheim will put on the ice tonight.

Forwards
    Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
    Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
    Ritchie-Vermette-Kase
    Wagner-Thompson-Shaw

Defensemen
    Fowler-Vatanen
    Lindholm-Montour
    Theodore-Manson

Goalies
    Gibson
    Bernier