Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Anaheim Ducks

jedi17
    jedi17

Anaheim Ducks  Empty Anaheim Ducks

Post by jedi17 Sat 20 May 2017, 7:53 pm

Update: No RickyRak - Game Day: Beware of Wounded Cats
    May 20, 2017, 3:32 PM ET [28 Comments]
    Ed Stein
    Anaheim Ducks Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Update (16:10 PDT): Rickard Rakell is out of game 5 with a LBI. Nic Kerdiles will take his place.

Letter

Dear Anaheim Ducks,

The last 10 minutes of a hockey game should not be played as if you are being coached by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Give it away, give it away, give it away now; is NOT an acceptable means to win a game. Thank you for making the appropriate corrections in overtime.

Sincerely,
    Frazzled Ducks Fans

Mental Game

For the most part the Ducks played a good game en route to a 3-2 overtime victory over Nashville in game four on Thursday. Good except for the majority of the final eight minutes of regulation. It was as if the team mentally collapsed in that time frame. Penalties, giveaways and mental errors almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Serious Injury Questions

What was the exact instance that injured Ryan Johansen? When I read that he required emergency surgery for a thigh injury, I was perplexed. I just couldn't figure out what happened to him that was so bad, and if it was, why did he continue to play? Did his continued play exasperate his condition? If so, was it worth losing him for the remainder of the playoffs? Injury information is less than scarce this time of year, but if it is as serious as the Preds made it sound, there should be more disclosure. Best wishes to Johansen for a speedy recovery, he couldn't have been in better hands than at Vanderbilt Hospital.

Fearless Leader

Thursday was another instance of why this team needed Randy Carlyle over Bruce Boudreau. It took some guts to pull Shea Theodore from the lineup in favor of Kevin Bieksa, who was returning from an injury hiatus. He chose to favor defensive zone physicality over puck handling through the neutral zone. Carlyle seems to be pushing the right buttons.

Notes

* Carlyle said forward Patrick Eaves is one step closer to a return from his lower body injury.

* Ryan Getzlaf was fined $10,000 for making a homophobic slur in game four. NHL vice president Colin Campbell called Getzlaf's conduct “inappropriately demeaning and disrespectful.” We are going through a culture change in society and Getzlaf's were uncalled for, but the league needs to concentrate more on quality of the product over name calling.

* Perry's OT winner Thursday night was his third of this year's playoffs, tying him for the NHL record for overtime winners in a playoff season.

Nashville @ Ducks: Round 3, Game 5

The Ducks were able to wrestle home ice advantage back from Nashville, Tuesday night in game four. Getting an advantage and keeping it are two very different things. The Preds championship hopes took a serious blow when they lost Johansen. Mike Fisher was also injured during the game. If he is unable to go, Nashville will be down their top two centers. There is nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal. The Ducks will need to be situationally aware and keep their heads on a swivel.

It will be interesting to see if Carlyle continues with Bieksa or goes back to Theodore. John Gibson will start again in the Ducks net. No changes are expected in the Anaheim forward line personnel.

Forwards
    Ritchie-Getzlaf-Kase
    Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
    Rakell-Vermette-Perry
    Wagner-Thompson-Boll

Defensemen
    Fowler-Vatanen
    Lindholm-Montour
    Theodore/Bieksa-Manson

Goalies
    Gibson
    Bernier

Get Well Soon

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to former Dodger Manager Tommy Lasorda, who was recently hospitalized. He's a Hall of Fame member, World Series winner and more importantly a classy person.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:51 am