Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nashville Predators

jedi17
    jedi17

Nashville Predators  Empty Nashville Predators

Post by jedi17 Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:43 pm

Preseason sked and more expansion draft thoughts
    June 19, 2017, 12:52 PM ET [8 Comments]
    Paul McCann
    Nashville Predators Blogger • Predators Radio Network • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Kinda weird to have the preseason schedule exactly a week after the end of the Predators season… but I could get used to it. We had reported the Tampa and Florida games earlier, the completion of the puzzle came with the announcement of the last two preseason tilts with Columbus.

Here’s the official preseason schedule
    Day Date Opponent Site Time (CT)
    Tuesday Sept. 19 Florida Panthers Bridgestone Arena 3:30 p.m.
    Tuesday Sept. 19 Florida Panthers Bridgestone Arena 7 p.m.
    Friday Sept. 22 Tampa Bay Lightning Amalie Arena 6:30 p.m.
    Sunday Sept. 24 Columbus Blue Jackets Nationwide Arena 6 p.m.
    Thursday Sept. 28 Columbus Blue Jackets Bridgestone Arena 7 p.m.
    Saturday Sept. 30 Tampa Bay Lightning Bridgestone Arena 7 p.m.

The 2017 Nashville Predators rookie camp is scheduled to open Thursday, Sept. 7, with the team’s prospects traveling to Estero, Florida, for a rookie tournament against the Washington Capitals, Tampa Bay Lightning and Florida Panthers from Sept. 9-12. Veterans will then report for testing and physicals on Thursday, Sept. 14.

This will be an eventful week in Pred Nation… the protection list has tongues wagging across Smashville… Yesterday I assigned chances on which unprotected player that the Predators may lose in the expansion draft. Let’s dig a little deeper here as I do believe that who the Predators lose in the draft depends on the answers to the following questions…

1 – Is Vegas interested in mounting a real effort to make the playoffs in year one? If that is the directive from VGK ownership, all possible efforts to make the playoffs… then James Neal is the no brainer, must chose player for this team. His experience and scoring potential will be a key for that kind of run and the $5 million contract shouldn’t make the team blink. This would also prevent a trade deal to dissuade VGK from selecting Neal… unless the deal involves multiple NHL players… more on that in 3 below.

2 – Is Vegas looking to be competitive with a solid eye to the future? In other words, follow the Nashville model. This is where things get really, really muddy as several choices fit this model. Selecting Colton SIssons, Pontus Aberg or Miikka Salomaki would make a lot of sense. The problem here, is that James Neal fits this scenario as well… you can have him until trade deadline and then flip him for more assets. In this scenario, Sissons makes the most sense as he is signed for the next two seasons at the bargain price of 625k a year.

3 – Are the Predators able to make a deal to protect certain players? I have to believe that David Poile is trying to make a deal here. The biggest problem with replacing a James Neal in the lineup is that there really isn’t another sniper in the system with Neal’s leadership, edge, hands and skills. The above scenarios are assuming no deal can be made. There’s a lot of chatter about VGK GM George McPhee wanting “revenge” for the Erat/Latta-Forsberg deal. I’m sure he would love that deal back… but I would be surprised if McPhee felt a need for “revenge” on a deal entered into freely. That being said… I am sure he will be open for a deal with the Preds if it benefits his team. That deal could involve a couple of roster players similar to what Los Angeles did with Poile back in ’98.

There are so many more scenarios you can come up with, however, those three seem to be the most likely. You can expect more information to come trickling out.

------------------------------------

Against my better judgement, I watched the final episode of All Access last night… it was too soon… the scenes in the Preds locker room postgame were positively heartbreaking.

-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

SSR’s season nine is on, our next show is Wednesday at 7pm on 102.5 the Game. SlapShot Radio is the longest running hockey show in the mid-south and Pete Weber and I bring you the best in hockey talk all playoffs long. We will be talking about the expansion list and process as the Vegas Golden Knights roster is revealed and giving our commentary on the NHL Awards.

SlapShot Radio has been delivering great hockey talk to the most energetic and engaged fans in radio and advertising with us drives results. Our premier sponsors include day one sponsor Dr. Jane Bacon at Hermitage Family and Cosmetic Dentistry … make your appointment at (615) 872-7762, Mark Lonsway at ReMax Fine Homes, call him for all your real estate needs at (615) 207-7799, and TurfMasters… check out their great service at TurfMasters.com.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 3:54 am