Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

US intelligence: elements urging foreigners will not return to their countries of origin

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

US intelligence: elements urging foreigners will not return to their countries of origin Empty US intelligence: elements urging foreigners will not return to their countries of origin

Post by Rocky Sat 22 Jul 2017, 2:00 am

US intelligence: elements urging foreigners will not return to their countries of origin

a wish Since 2017-07-22 at 09:13 (Baghdad time)

Baghdad Mawazine News
    A senior US counterterrorism official said US intelligence estimates indicate that a large number of foreign fighters fighting with a pro-Syrian organization will probably stay in Iraq and Syria to defend what remains of the so-called "Caliphate State" they have declared and will not return to their country.
    "Many, if not most, foreign fighters who have reached the conflict zone will end up staying, fighting and possibly dying to keep the Caliphate," said Nicholas Rasmussen, director of the US National Counterterrorism Center at the Aspen Security Forum, which is held annually.
    This contrasts with earlier estimates that many foreign fighters will return home to pose a major security threat.
    The new estimates for foreign fighters will be good news for countries with tens of thousands of terrorists. They poured into the fight for the so-called "Caliphate State," proclaimed by a preacher in 2014 after he set out from Syria to control the northern city of Mosul.
    Extremists who returned home carried out attacks that killed dozens, and governments prepared for new attacks as the organization lost most of the territory it controlled in Syria and Iraq.
    Rasmussen pointed out that the US intelligence services, which estimated that about 40,000 foreigners joined Damascus in Syria and Iraq after the start of the conflict, had believed until recently that many will return to their country.
    "At one point we were concerned about this influx and the return of large numbers of foreign fighters when the field situation in Iraq and Syria changes and that Western countries in the region will be flooded by returnees," he said.
    "I think if we talk in general now, this possibility is less than our initial estimate," he said.
    A US intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said fewer than 15,000 al-Qaeda members were still fighting in Syria and Iraq.
    The return of foreign fighters to their country has become more difficult due to ongoing combat operations and the tightening of Turkey's border with other countries

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mawazin.net%2F%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%AC%D9%87-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%86%D8%A7-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%AF%D8%B9%D9%88%D8%A9-%D8%B1%D8%B3%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A9%2F%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A9&edit-text=

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 12:09 am