Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Elder killed, 3 wounded in Diyala as festive wedding shots lose direction

jedi17
    jedi17

Elder killed, 3 wounded in Diyala as festive wedding shots lose direction Empty Elder killed, 3 wounded in Diyala as festive wedding shots lose direction

Post by jedi17 Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Elder killed, 3 wounded in Diyala as festive wedding shots lose direction

by Mohamed Mostafa
    Jul 24, 2017, 5:27 pm
    SHARES
    Tweet
    Reddit

Representational photo.

Report Ad

Diyala (IraqiNews.com) An elderly woman died late Sunday and three others, including a child, were wounded when celebratory gunshots went wrong during a wedding in Diyala.

One attendant of a wedding in Sawaed district fired salutation shots in the air, but lost control over his Klashinkov, causing the disaster.

A local source in Beldrouz region, where the incident took place, told Alsumaria News on Monday that the aging lady died at hospital, while two young men and a little girl were wounded. The shooter was arrested and referred to interrogators, according to the source.

Shooting in the air has for long been a celebratory ritual during weddings and even funerals in Iraq and other neighboring countries. The practice has ended dramatically in many incidents.

“Shooting during weddings has been common in Beldrouz, but no casualties were recorded before among civilians. This might be the first incident in years,” said the source.

Amer al-Kilani, a member of Diyala province council, told Alsumaria News that intensive shootings increased remarkably over the past years, urging a “community action” to end the phenomenon.

Jassem Karim, a civil society activist, told the network that the ritual is more common at rural areas. “Tribes should play a role to address that phenomenon,” he said., adding that the latest incident stirred a public outcry.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:42 am