Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Police arrest 6 Islamic State militants near Mosul airport

jedi17
    jedi17

Mosul - Police arrest 6 Islamic State militants near Mosul airport Empty Police arrest 6 Islamic State militants near Mosul airport

Post by jedi17 Tue 25 Jul 2017, 8:30 pm

Police arrest 6 Islamic State militants near Mosul airport

by Mohamed Mostafa
    Jul 25, 2017, 1:15 pm
    SHARES
    Tweet
    Reddit

Security forces arrest a terrorist.
    Report Ad

Mosul (IraqiNews.com) Iraqi security forces arrested six Islamic militants near western Mosul airport, the police command said on Tuesday, as security continues to clear areas recaptured from the group.

The Federal Police service said in a statement that the six militants were arrested during combing patrols in Bu Sayf region, near Mosul Airport.

Federal Police chief Shaker Jawdat said multiple weapons, including explosive belts, were also seized after the arrest.

Iraqi troops recaptured Bu Sayf region from IS members in February, days after a second phase of operations launched to clear western Mosul from militants.

The Iraqi government declared Mosul Islamic State-free earlier this month, declaring the end of more than eight months of battles to retake Iraq’s second largest city and the group’s former capital.

Observers, however, fear that victory on the military level could not mean a total removal of the group’s threat, and think dormant cells could still destabilize the security situation with lone wolf attacks against civilians and security members. Many militants have also been found hiding among thousands of civilians fleeing the battlefield.

IS still controls a few pockets in Nineveh, Anbar, Salahuddin and Kirkuk, and the Iraqi government is planning to launch further offensives to clear those regions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:21 am