Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Trump: Program to help Syrian opposition factions "dangerous and ineffective"

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Trump: Program to help Syrian opposition factions "dangerous and ineffective" Empty Trump: Program to help Syrian opposition factions "dangerous and ineffective"

Post by Rocky Wed 26 Jul 2017, 3:46 am

Trump: Program to help Syrian opposition factions "dangerous and ineffective"

US President Donald Trump justified his decision to put an end to the US program to help the Syrian opposition factions that the program is "huge, dangerous and ineffective."

Trump's comment came three days after US special forces commander General Tony Thomas announced that his country had suspended the program for four years.

The Washington Post reported that Trump made the decision a month ago.

Thomas stressed that the decision was not made to appease Russia, the main ally of the Syrian regime, to reach a settlement of the conflict, which has been going on for more than six years.

However, the Washington Post published an article on the subject on Monday, quoting officials who declined to be named, "Cooperation with Russia has become a key point in Trump's strategy towards Syria."

"The Washington Post (bought by the owner of the Amazon site) spurred facts about my decision to put an end to huge, dangerous and ineffective payments to Syrian fighters fighting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad," Trump said on Twitter.

Former US President Barack Obama approved the program of assistance in 2013, when various factions were seeking international support in its conflict against the Syrian regime.

Under the program, thousands of fighters have received training and weapons, but the US position remains uncertain about their ability to topple Assad and the priority given to cracking down on a militant organization.

Support for the program declined further in 2016, after the factions lost to areas they controlled in Aleppo (northern Syria) in the face of a massive offensive by Syrian forces with air support from Russia.

http://www.aljournal.com/%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A8-%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%AC-%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D9%81%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B6%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84/

Current date/time is Mon 17 Jun 2024, 6:47 pm