Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Donkey killed in IED explosion in Diyala, saves civilians from death

jedi17
    jedi17

Donkey killed in IED explosion in Diyala, saves civilians from death Empty Donkey killed in IED explosion in Diyala, saves civilians from death

Post by jedi17 Tue 01 Aug 2017, 9:12 am

Donkey killed in IED explosion in Diyala, saves civilians from death

by Elwy Elmanzalawy
    Aug 1, 2017, 12:44 pm
    SHARES
    Tweet
    Reddit

Representational photo.
    Report Ad

Diyala (IraqiNews.com) A donkey was killed on Tuesday in an improvised explosive device (IED) explosion as it stepped on the bomb, saving many civilians in southeastern Diyala governorate, Alsumaria News reported.

A local source told Alsumaria that an IED, planted on the side of an agricultural road in a town southeast of Diyala, exploded early Tuesday, killing a donkey as it stepped on it.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, the source added that the road is used by many civilians, especially farmers, on a daily basis, indicating that they were saved by the donkey.

Violence in Iraq has surged further with the emergence of Islamic State Sunni extremist militants who proclaimed an “Islamic Caliphate” in Iraq and Syria in 2014.

Islamic State members have escalated their attacks against security and civilians over the past months as Iraqi forces were focusing most of their efforts to drive the group out of Mosul, the militants’ former capital which was declared free on July 10.

More than 25000 militants were killed in the Mosul campaign, according to Iraqi generals, including both foreign and local members, while a few thousands remain in other havens in Diyala, Salahuddin, Kirkuk and Anbar which the Iraqi government plans to target with future military offensives.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 7:24 am