11:29 - 24/08/2017
The Turkish daily Zaman said on Thursday that despite the participation of a few thousand soldiers in the attempted coup against Erdogan's regime, the latter has liquidated one-third of the Turkish army since the coup attempt so far.
"In addition to the separation and liquidation operations carried out by the Turkish authorities, thousands of officers have been referred to retirement at the request of them during the last year," the report said.
He added that "the campaigns of separation and deportation in the ranks of the Turkish army caused a decline in the number of officers in the army largely after the coup attempt, where the proportion of officers and non-commissioned officers by 35 percent, while the total number of soldiers serving in the army by about 33 percent."
He added that "after the attempted coup d'état, 7,655 military personnel, including 150 generals and 4287 officers, were dismissed, while temporary orders were issued against 786 soldiers of different ranks."
In the first hours of the attempted coup, the Turkish government accused Abdullah Gulen of trying, but the latter rejected this in detail. Gulen said he was ready to return to Turkey and was killed by hanging if the international commission of inquiry proved even one of those accusations. However, Erdogan did not respond to these accusations. Call until the moment and only put the charges stereotypes ready. Ending / 25 z