Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+2
Lionheart
Neno
6 posters

Found this statement while reading a article... ;)

Neno
Neno
Admin
Admin

Found this statement while reading a article... ;) Empty Found this statement while reading a article... ;)

Post by Neno Sat 21 Sep 2013, 8:22 pm

WASHINGTON - Congress appears to be moving closer and closer to a government shutdown.

On Friday, with 10 calendar days to go until the Sept. 30 deadline, the Republican controlled House of Representatives passed a budget bill to fund the government. Oh, and defund President Obama's controversial health care law, a key portion of which is set to take effect on Oct. 1, making this bill dead on arrival in the Democratically controlled Senate, never mind in the executive branch.

Although this shutdown dance feels familiar - we did it in 2011 - the last time the government actually shut down was almost 20 years ago, in late 1995 and early 1996. Several of the key players in this impending budget showdown weren't even in Washington yet.

President Obama was 34 and teaching at the University of Chicago Law School. Sen. Ted Cruz, a key lawmaker leading the charge to defund Obamacare, was 25 and had just graduated from Harvard Law School.

With this in mind, it's likely that the memories of that shutdown and the real-world consequences are not fresh in people's minds anymore.
Here are five likely impacts of a government shutdown:

Suspension of Approval of Applications for Small Business Loans.

The specifics of a shutdown - what stays open, what doesn't - aren't yet known, but the general rule is that workers and services deemed non-essential would be forced to stay home. One department where workers would likely have to hunker down while the shutdown plays out is the Small Business Administration, which, among other things, approves applications for loans to small businesses. These services would probably be suspended in a shutdown and depending on how long the last shutdown lasted, applications could get backlogged, meaning the impact could be felt even after the government reopens.

Museums, Monuments and Parks Would Shut Down.

D.C.'s many monuments, parks and museums would all shut down.

Medical Research Interrupted.

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) would not be able to take on any new patients, or begin any new clinical trials. The good news on the medical front, Medicare will likely be funded even in the event of a shutdown.

Passport Services Suspended.

Passport about to expire? Get it updated before Sept. 30. Passport services would be suspended in the event of a government shutdown with a few exceptions in cases of emergencies.

D.C. Residents, Start Composting.

Because trash collection in the District of Columbia will probably be suspended temporarily if the government shuts down. This one would only affect D.C. residents - an unfortunate consequence of living in a district with a budget that must be approved by Congress. In 2011, the last time a government shutdown appeared imminent (though it ultimately was avoided) a Facebook event called "If Boehner shuts down the government I am taking my trash to his house" racked up over 7,000 attendees.

For more, watch "This Week" tomorrow .

Also Read

http://news.yahoo.com/five-real-impacts-government-shutdown-171431022--abc-news-topstories.html
Lionheart
Lionheart
Cain't Let Go Investor
Cain't Let Go Investor

Found this statement while reading a article... ;) Empty Re: Found this statement while reading a article... ;)

Post by Lionheart Sat 21 Sep 2013, 8:57 pm

I listen to this everyday on http://www.afa.net/Radio/ thru the http://afa.net/ stations.
costar01
costar01
Getting It Investor
Getting It Investor

Found this statement while reading a article... ;) Empty Re: Found this statement while reading a article... ;)

Post by costar01 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:09 pm

I would take my Trash To Obama's House.
csd9013
csd9013

Post by csd9013 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:34 pm

You must have missed the fit Obama had about this. Nobody wants Obamacare.
Wayne Irby
Wayne Irby
Cain't Let Go Investor
Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by Wayne Irby Sun 22 Sep 2013, 7:46 am

@costar01 wrote:I would take my Trash To Obama's House.
Already there!, lives there!, as far I'm concerned Obama's main accomplishment is beating Jimmy Carter as the worst president the U.S. ever had!
fonz1951
fonz1951
Interacting Investor
Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:26 am

@Wayne Irby wrote:Already there!, lives there!, as far I'm concerned Obama's main accomplishment is beating Jimmy Carter as the worst president the U.S. ever had!
i aint particularly crazy about obama either but when it comes to being the worst g.w.b. has to figure in there somewhere
Wayne Irby
Wayne Irby
Cain't Let Go Investor
Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by Wayne Irby Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:37 am

I liked G.W. the first term but was so fed up with him & how he killed the economy that I sent a email to him at the White House giving him & his greedy oil buddies hell!, I'm surprised I didn't get a visit from the Secret Service I got on him so hard!
fonz1951
fonz1951
Interacting Investor
Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:50 am

@Wayne Irby wrote:I liked G.W. the first term but was so fed up with him & how he killed the economy that I sent a email to him at the White House giving him & his greedy oil buddies hell!, I'm surprised I didn't get a visit from the Secret Service I got on him so hard!
me too,in his first term but like you by the second one, oh boy.in his second term is when i went to iraq,and after being there for two years i finally , from all i saw there i realised that we had no business whatsoever being there. it's hard to explain using mere words what i mean by that, it's like the old saying "you just had to be there" my 2 years was spent mostly out in the war zone and that's where one needed to be to see what i mean.it was very disheartining to see.those people deserve to have a bright future.
Neno
Neno
Admin
Admin

Post by Neno Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:53 am

making this bill dead on arrival
Guess I didn't pin point the meaning enough...;)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 Dec 2021, 4:01 am