Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pittsburgh Penguins

jedi17
    jedi17

Pittsburgh Penguins Empty Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by jedi17 Fri 01 Sep 2017, 2:20 pm

Ryan Malone attempting comeback
    September 1, 2017, 10:35 AM ET [21 Comments]
    Ryan Wilson
    Pittsburgh Penguins Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    In semi-related Penguins news Ryan Malone is attempting to make a comeback in the NHL. Malone was a very successful NHL player during his Penguins tenure and the beginning of his Tampa Bay one. The aging curve wasn't kind to his on-ice product and the off-ice stuff wasn't helping the cause either.

Malone was always a smart player and had great hands even when there was a lack of time and space. Speed was never Malone's thing which in this unique situation might actually help him. He's certainly not going to be making gains in that department at this point. He is currently 37 years old. Mario Lemieux was 35 when he came out of retirement for a reference point.

Even during the tail end of his career Malone wasn't a terrible player, it's just that his offense totally dried up

source: imgur.com

I know one thing I'd rather be giving a PTO to Ryan Malone than Jay McClement even if it is only for a nice gesture.

Ultimately Malone probably won't make an NHL roster. However, earning an AHL contract would keep him in shape and open the door for him to return to Team USA at the Olympics. it's a unique opportunity and Malone is going for it. Good luck.

The NHL's top 100 list had some controversy when it was released during the All Star Weekend in Los Angeles. That is its own conversation. It shouldn't prevent you from reading about Mario Lemieux. The NHL's website is putting together some write-ups about the players that did make the list. Here is Mario's

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:24 am