Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

At least 71 people have been killed in two attacks in Afghanistan

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

At least 71 people have been killed in two attacks in Afghanistan Empty At least 71 people have been killed in two attacks in Afghanistan

Post by Rocky Wed 18 Oct 2017, 3:00 am

[size=30]At least 71 people have been killed in two attacks in Afghanistan[/size]
    17/10/2017 09:51 | Number of readings: 350
    font size:  At least 71 people have been killed in two attacks in Afghanistan Font_decrease  At least 71 people have been killed in two attacks in Afghanistan Font_enlarge
     At least 71 people have been killed in two attacks in Afghanistan Thumbnail.php?file=76f728fdfd2d37b2f01863dbc938d53ffdf05e18_418804145
    Trend Press

At least 71 people were killed and about 170 wounded Tuesday in two separate attacks by suicide bombers and gunmen who simultaneously targeted Afghan soldiers and policemen, mostly in Gardez (southeast) and Ghazni, about 100 km west of Kabul.
    The Taliban claimed responsibility for Gardez's attack against police in Paktia province, which killed at least 41 people, while 25 security personnel and five civilians were killed in an ambush in Ghazni, southwest of Kabul.
    The first attack targeted a large military complex in Gardez, which includes several police units and a training center near a university, killing at least 41 people and injuring about 160 people, including civilians, Deputy Interior Minister General Murad Ali Murad said.
    The Interior Ministry said in a statement that the attack ended five hours after the fighting began, before 14:30 (10:00 GMT). "All the militants have died," she said, without specifying how many.
    "We have received 26 bodies, including the body of a woman and 160 wounded in the main hospital in Gardez, and we also have six dead and 52 wounded in the military hospital," said Sher Mohammad Karimi, Deputy Health Director of Paktia province.
    "The hospital is crowded and we invite people to come and donate blood," he said.
    A large number of students from the neighboring university were injured in the first blasts caused by two car bombs.
    - a huge explosion -
    "I was in the classroom when I heard a huge explosion, the whole building shook and windows were shattered, we were trying to get out when we heard a second explosion," student Nur Ahmed said. In a statement, Paktia governor's office announced the killing of the "six assailants," adding that provincial police chief Toreali Abdani was killed at the start of the attack.
    Meanwhile, 25 members of the security forces and five civilians were killed and 10 wounded in the second attack in Ghazni province, southwest of Kabul, the interior ministry said.
    A Humvee device exploded in front of the governor's offices 100 kilometers from Gardez. No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
    The Taliban, in turn, quickly adopted the Gardez process, via a letter to its spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid on Twitter.
    Paktia, near the border with Pakistan's tribal areas, has been a stronghold of the Taliban and has also seen a strong presence of the rebel Haqqani network, which has carried out a large number of bloody attacks and kidnappings.
    A senior Taliban official, who did not give his name, told AFP the attack was in response to the US air strikes. C

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 7:06 pm