French President: We will give Saudi Arabia the names of extremist organizations to stop funding[/rtl]
[rtl]Editorial date:: 2017/11/30 9:35 • 63 times scheduled[/rtl]
French President Emmanuel Macaron said he would prepare a list of extremist organizations to hand over to Saudi Arabia, saying the Saudi crown prince had promised to stop funding.
Riyadh is funded by groups run by the Muslim World League, based in Mecca, which has been accused for decades of spreading Wahhabi ideology throughout the world.
Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman seeks to modernize the kingdom and move to a more open and tolerant interpretation of Islam.
"It was never announced, but when I went to Riyadh [this month] he made a pledge: if we handed him over, he would cut off funding," McCron said in an interview with France-24 television.
"I believe him, but I will follow, confidence builds on the results."
The Crown Prince has already taken some steps to ease social restrictions, reducing the role of the CPV and allowing public concerts and announcing plans to allow women to drive next year.
Mohamed al-Issa, head of the Muslim World League, told Reuters last week that his focus now was on eradicating extremist ideology.
McCron, speaking from Abidjan, said he also sought pledges to stop funding extremist groups from Qatar and Turkey.
The French president will make a quick visit to Doha on December 7, where he will discuss bilateral relations and may sign military deals and deals in the field of transport, including the sale of 12 other Rafal aircraft.
Qatar has improved ties with Iran since Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries severed relations with it, accusing it of links to radical Islamic groups and Iran.
McCron said he still intends to visit Iran next year but wants to ensure a discussion and a strategic agreement on its missile program