Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Iranian presence is Washington's first target in Iraq after a hasty stage

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The Iranian presence is Washington's first target in Iraq after a hasty stage Empty The Iranian presence is Washington's first target in Iraq after a hasty stage

Post by Rocky Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Iranian presence is Washington's first target in Iraq after a hasty stage

The New York Times published a report highlighting the priorities of the administration of US President Donald Trump in Iraq after the end of the military operations of Iraqi security forces and declaring the final victory over the organization.

The newspaper said that "at a time when Iraq shakes the dust for Kahlih three years of war against the organization of a sympathetic, the United States looks to reduce the influence of Iran and help the central government in Iraq to resolve its differences with the Kurdistan Region, according to statements by US Ambassador to Iraq Douglas Silliman "As the Iraqi forces regain control over all the areas it has called for in 2014, the ambassador said Washington is focused on maintaining peace and reconstruction efforts and sees Iranian influence as a major problem.

"Iran has simply failed to respect the sovereignty of its neighbors, and the Iranians have somehow helped the Iraqi government in a daunting defeat," he said. "I have not seen the Iranians provide funds for humanitarian aid, and I have not seen any of them provide assistance to the UN-led stabilization programs."
    "When Iran invaded northern and central Iraq in the summer of 2014, Iran supported the militias and provided support in a number of areas," the newspaper said. Areas at a time when the armed forces were being rebuilt. "
    "The Trump administration called for the disbandment of the Iraqi factions, especially the popular rally after the end of the Da'ash battle, and pledged to take a tougher approach on Iran, threatening the US withdrawal from the historic nuclear agreement of 2015 and imposing sanctions on Iran's Revolutionary Guards," the paper said.
    "At the same time, Iraq is seeking external support for post-war reconstruction, which the government says has caused damage estimated at $ 100 billion, while still about 3 million Iraqis displaced months after the end of the fighting," noting that "the administration Trump explained that the cost of the $ 14.3 billion military campaign against Daqash would not be replaced by similarly funded reconstruction efforts.
    "Iraq is recovering from a difficult period during which it witnessed a great deal of economic devastation and social unrest, and we believe that Iraq should enjoy good and positive relations with all its neighbors, including Iran," he said, adding that "recent efforts by Iraq to restore relations with Saudi Arabia and Jordan Has made the United States hope that these two countries will play a greater role in supporting Iraq to rise from the recession. "
    The newspaper pointed out that "the United States hopes by helping to ease tensions between the central government and the Kurdistan region after the referendum of independence in September, which was rejected by Baghdad, and federal forces clashed with Kurdish fighters in October when Baghdad recovered the disputed territories seized by the Kurds from the organization calling for" .
    "The role we are playing, albeit a bit modest one, is to try to help both sides find solutions to move forward through the door of discussions," Sulliman said. "Both sides support the idea of ​​discussions and negotiations that have not yet begun to end the crisis."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:11 pm