Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Daily Telegraph: Baghdad emerges from the darkness of a decade after the expulsion of a supporter

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Daily Telegraph: Baghdad emerges from the darkness of a decade after the expulsion of a supporter Empty Daily Telegraph: Baghdad emerges from the darkness of a decade after the expulsion of a supporter

Post by Rocky Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:55 am

Daily Telegraph: Baghdad emerges from the darkness of a decade after the expulsion of a supporter

Tuesday, December 26,

BAGHDAD ( Reuters ) - The Baghdad
    Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday that "after the expulsion of a Baghdad preacher emerging from a decade-long darkness," Campbell McDermaid of Baghdad prepared a report. 

The author of the report describes the experience of an Iraqi citizen named Sajjad Jayyad when he returned to Baghdad in 2014 to work for an Iraqi research center, saying he was one of four people on the plane that took him to Baghdad. 

"The city was almost deserted, which Baghdad has not seen in 10 years of armed conflict," he says.

The writer describes Baghdad as saying that it looked like a capital besieged a failed state, but now, after the expulsion of the organization "Daash," Sajid can feel the difference as soon as he leaves his office. 

"Security has been significantly enhanced and business has been booming," he said. "Baghdad is seeing its best time in 13 years. 

The United Nations estimated the number of people killed in Iraq last November at 117, a figure high but much lower than in previous years. 

"The situation is wonderful now," says Minas Lay, an Iraqi of Armenian origin who lives in Baghdad and works as a tattoo artist. But talking about a "normal life" in Baghdad means that bombings are few and far between, but they have not stopped completely.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 3:23 pm