Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+6
brian
sassy
Ronbo
slj9999
merrygoround
Bama Diva
10 posters

Madison Rising - Star Spangled Banner

Bama Diva
Bama Diva

Madison Rising - Star Spangled Banner Empty Madison Rising - Star Spangled Banner

Post by Bama Diva Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:51 pm

Someone sent me this video tonight. At first, I wasn't sure I liked it, but then I found myself feeling very proud of America.
Would like comments on your thoughts of this version of the song and the video as a whole.

http://www.starspangledbannerchallenge.com/

merrygoround
Dedicated Investor
Dedicated Investor

Madison Rising - Star Spangled Banner Empty Re: Madison Rising - Star Spangled Banner

Post by merrygoround Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:41 pm

Well it was a little too much rock for me, but they nailed it.
slj9999
slj9999
Understood Investor
Understood Investor

Madison Rising - Star Spangled Banner Empty Re: Madison Rising - Star Spangled Banner

Post by slj9999 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 6:32 pm

Loved It Bama! I even sent it to my son who is in the military. Thanks for sharing. :cheers:
Ronbo
Cain't Let Go Investor
Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by Ronbo Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:04 pm

I think this is on here somewhere already, or maybe it was posted before we moved here? Anyway, for the most part I'm not a "hard" rocker, but I really liked this. If I remember right, I think the singer is a Navy Vet?
But what I like most about it is the fact that a group of younger folks wanted to do this song. To me that speaks volumes and tells me that there is some hope left in society.

8)
Bama Diva
Bama Diva

Post by Bama Diva Wed 06 Feb 2013, 7:32 am

Ronbo wrote:I think this is on here somewhere already, or maybe it was posted before we moved here? Anyway, for the most part I'm not a "hard" rocker, but I really liked this. If I remember right, I think the singer is a Navy Vet?
But what I like most about it is the fact that a group of younger folks wanted to do this song. To me that speaks volumes and tells me that there is some hope left in society.

8)

I agree Ronbo. While watching these young men sing, it came through to me that they were not just performing, they felt the words to the song. I also loved the video, especially the football players carrying our flag on to the field. I believe this happened in the season after Sept 11, 2001. I will always prefer the original version of our anthem, but as long as the words are sang with true patriotic feeling, I am good. jmho
sassy
sassy
Interacting Investor
Interacting Investor

Post by sassy Wed 06 Feb 2013, 7:58 am

I have listened to this several times and love it Bama!! They do a fantastic job, actually one of my favorites!
brian
brian
Understood Investor
Understood Investor

Post by brian Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:04 am

I LOVED it!!!
notazbad2000
notazbad2000
NNP TEAM
NNP TEAM

Post by notazbad2000 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:34 am

Any young person showing patriotism for this country is good in my book. Although, this isn't my genre of music...very spirited performance!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

Webguy75903
Programmer
Programmer

Post by Webguy75903 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:49 am

As a musician who enjoys taking known songs and trying to "update them", I can really relate to this composition. Sure, it's not "traditional", but that doesn't give it any less impact. The emotion is definitely there, and that's what is important. The words remain the same, and the heart of the national anthem does indeed show through. Our times are changing. We've tried to bring the younger adults into our way of thinking (in terms of tradition and national pride) and while it's worked on some, I would venture to say that it has failed for many. When you can't change the young adults, you have to change your approach. And I think these guys have done a great job of that. Whether it resonates with the younger adults is another matter entirely, but I commend them on the effort, and think it was a job well done.

Web
akdreamer
akdreamer
Getting It Investor
Getting It Investor

Post by akdreamer Wed 06 Feb 2013, 10:35 am

That was great!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 27 May 2022, 10:10 am