Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iran warns of collapse of Airbus deal because of Trump

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iran warns of collapse of Airbus deal because of Trump Empty Iran warns of collapse of Airbus deal because of Trump

Post by Rocky Wed 17 Jan 2018, 2:15 pm

Iran warns of collapse of Airbus deal because of Trump 106-660x330

Iran warns of collapse of Airbus deal because of Trump
    TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran warned on Wednesday that US President Donald Trump's rejection of the nuclear deal threatens billions of dollars worth of deals Tehran has signed to buy Airbus planes.
    "Given Mr Trump's position on the nuclear deal, we have to make sure that the licenses remain valid, regardless of any decision taken by the United States," Deputy Transport Minister Kasher told the ILNA news agency.
    "Unless the issues are resolved, we will not make any payments in advance, because of these negotiations, and payments may be delayed," he said.
    A specific clause in the nuclear deal in 2015, which lifted some international sanctions in exchange for restrictions on Iran's nuclear program, opens the way for the latter to buy aircraft from international suppliers.
    A year later, the US Treasury Department's Foreign Assets Control Office granted Airbus licenses to sell 100 aircraft to Iran's official airline, which also ordered 80 Boeing planes.
    European Airbus needs an export license from the United States for manufacturing parts of its aircraft in America.
    "The licenses are valid until December 2020, but they were issued under the nuclear agreement," Kashan said.
    "In the worst case, if the United States wants to withdraw from the nuclear agreement, the executive body is expected to commit itself to this decision," he said.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 1:47 am