Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Philippine president threatens Kuwait and Gulf states

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Philippine president threatens Kuwait and Gulf states Empty Philippine president threatens Kuwait and Gulf states

Post by Rocky Thu 25 Jan 2018, 2:26 am

[size=30]Philippine president threatens Kuwait and Gulf states[/size]
    24/01/2018 05:35 | Number of readings:
    font size:  Philippine president threatens Kuwait and Gulf states Font_decrease  Philippine president threatens Kuwait and Gulf states Font_enlarge
     Philippine president threatens Kuwait and Gulf states Thumbnail.php?file=1027027845_277873777
    Trend Press / Continue 
    Philippine President Rodrigo Duterti on Wednesday stepped up a crisis between his country and a number of Gulf states over alleged abuse of Filipino workers in the Gulf.
    Duterti threatened that he would impose a permanent ban on sending workers to Kuwait and withdrawing Filipino workers from there if any other Filipino worker were attacked and killed.

Last Friday, the Philippine Ministry of Labor issued a decision to "suspend the dispatch of workers to Kuwait, a day after Deuteri's comments, saying that the abuses had prompted a number of maids to commit suicide."

The Philippine President asked the Government of Kuwait and the governments of other countries in the Middle East to "take steps to stop violations and to treat their countrymen as human beings with dignity."

"Kuwait may be an ally of the Philippines, but we must not tolerate abuses," he said in a speech before leaving for a regional summit in India. "We may need your help but we will not do so at the expense of the dignity of the Philippines  ."

"I hope I do not make a diplomatic mistake, but one more incident, if it happens, I will impose the ban," he said. "For the Filipinos there I say: you can go home, if you leave, they will have to adapt to this."

This is the second time in a few days that Dotterti has expressed his anger over allegations of abuse in Kuwait, saying Filipinos receive low wages and are being attacked and starved.

According to the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs, more than 250,000 Filipinos work in Kuwait, most of them working in domestic service, while more than one million Filipinos work in the Middle East, and their cash transfers exceed $ 2 billion a month. 

Current date/time is Tue 28 May 2024, 10:19 pm