Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Cyprus accuses Turkey of "using force" against a gas exploration vessel

rocky
rocky
NNP TEAM
NNP TEAM

Cyprus accuses Turkey of "using force" against a gas exploration vessel Empty Cyprus accuses Turkey of "using force" against a gas exploration vessel

Post by rocky Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:29 am

Cyprus accuses Turkey of "using force" against a gas exploration vessel

18:44 - 23/02/2018

Cyprus accuses Turkey of "using force" against a gas exploration vessel 1-1024493-696x392

Information / follow-up ...
Cyprus accused Turkey on Friday of threatening to use force against a ship rigged by Italy's Eni in a standoff over the right to energy resources in the eastern Mediterranean.
There has been no comment from Turkey, which has vowed to prevent Greek Cypriots from drilling for oil and gas around the ethnically divided island and says some areas off the coast of Cyprus are within its jurisdiction.
On February 9, the Turkish navy stopped the Saipem 12000 on its way to explore for gas off Cyprus, causing a diplomatic dispute that highlighted tensions in the region over conflicting positions on marine energy rights.
Vikturas Papadopoulos, deputy government spokesman, told Cyprus News Agency on Friday that the ship was heading towards the same area when five Turkish ships intercepted it.
He added: "Five Turkish warships stopped the drilling vessel and after threats by the (Turkish side) using violence and the threat of collision with the drilling vessel, the ship was forced to return."

Current date/time is Wed 05 Oct 2022, 1:11 am