Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq to Seize Assets of Saddam Hussein, his Aides

chouchou
    chouchou

Iraq to Seize Assets of Saddam Hussein, his Aides Empty Iraq to Seize Assets of Saddam Hussein, his Aides

Post by chouchou Tue 06 Mar 2018, 3:50 am

The Commission for Accountability and Justice in Iraq completed the implementation of Law no. 72 issued by the Parliament in 2017, which stipulates the confiscation and seizure of financial assets and property of late President Saddam Hussein and his relatives, 52 senior officials from his former regime, and over 4,000 ex-ministers and officials of the Baath party.

In a statement issued on Sunday, the commission said it had completed the list of the persons and officials who are subject to Law no. 72, calling on the Iraqi government to confiscate and seize the financial assets and property of over 4,200 former ministers and officials of the dissolved Baath party and assets that might be in the hands of their close relatives.

Saddam’s name appeared at the top of the list, which is also said to include his children, grandchildren, relatives.

Meanwhile, some Iraqi figures have voiced concern that the seized assets would fall in the hands of influential political groups and real estate networks, instead of passing to state ownership.

In this regard, MP Meshaan Jubouri told Asharq Al-Awsat: “Corrupt people have gained access to everything in the country, including all the country’s capabilities, such as oil. Since 2003, this class has seized the real estate of the Iraqi State, so its control over the funds of the former regime is not excluded.”

According to Jubouri, “the list issued by the Accountability Commission on the members of the former regime is correct, although it might have been unfair to some figures, including former Minister of Commerce Mohammed Mahdi Saleh and Defense Minister Saadi Tomeh al-Jubouri, because they were not known for aggressive behavior or excess in public money spending when they were in power.”

The seizure of assets and properties covers real estate, cars, bank accounts, and other funds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 11:27 am