Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

More than 80 Jordanian trucks unload their goods daily on the Iraqi border

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

goods - More than 80 Jordanian trucks unload their goods daily on the Iraqi border Empty More than 80 Jordanian trucks unload their goods daily on the Iraqi border

Post by Rocky Tue 06 Mar 2018, 6:44 am

More than 80 Jordanian trucks unload their goods daily on the Iraqi border
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    The Jordanian Truckers Association reported on Tuesday that about 80 Jordanian trucks loaded with various types of goods were unloaded on the Jordanian-Iraqi border every day, and the number is expected to rise soon.
    "There is a dump of Jordanian goods on the border between Iraq and Jordan, where the Jordanian trucks have not yet been given the green light to reach their final destination in Iraq," the Jordan Times newspaper quoted the head of the union as saying. "Jordanian trucks unload their cargo. Now being loaded into Iraqi trucks. "
    Before the Iraqi border with Jordan was shut down in 2014 after much of the West's control over Iraq, some 600 trucks were used to enter Iraq daily, Daoud said.
    Following the reopening of the Tarbil border crossing between Jordan and Iraq in late 2017, Jordanian exports resumed.
    However, the volume of trade is still modest.
    "Although there are about 80 trucks carrying goods to the Iraqi border every day now, we are still not satisfied," Daoud said.
    "The trucks heading to the border crossing carry vegetables, steel, wood, industrial products and other goods," the union president said.
    "Jordanian trucks in Iraq are expected to be allowed to reach their destinations in neighboring countries in the next few weeks, which will increase the number of trucks operating on the commercial route," he added.
    He pointed out that "the fleet of trucks in Jordan includes 21 thousand cars, and that the Iraqi market is one of the largest markets for this sector."
    "Once Jordanian trucks are allowed in, I expect a significant improvement, especially after years of losses because of the closure of the crossing," Mohammed Daoud said.
    Abdullah Isser, a Jordanian truck driver and a resident of Mafraq, said he hoped Jordanian trucks would be allowed to enter Iraq as soon as possible.
    "It is futile to unload our cargo on the border," he said.
    "The Iraqi road was one of the busiest roads for Jordanian trucks, and the work was good in the past. We have suffered a lot over the past years, and we hope to compensate for the losses in the near future."
    Last year, the government signed a contract with a US security firm to secure the road linking Baghdad with Trebil, which was seen as a major step to restart trade.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:59 am