Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Discovery of the oldest Iraqi port in Nasiriyah dating back to the third millennium

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Discovery of the oldest Iraqi port in Nasiriyah dating back to the third millennium  Empty Discovery of the oldest Iraqi port in Nasiriyah dating back to the third millennium

Post by Rocky Tue 20 Mar 2018, 3:50 am

Discovery of the oldest Iraqi port in Nasiriyah dating back to the third millennium BC
    March 20 2018 12:23 p
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [rtl][rtl][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of Nasiriyah[/rtl]
    [/rtl]
    Baghdad Post
    [size][rtl]

A recent excavation near the city of Nasiriyah in a place called Abu Tabira, which is located on the old coast of the Gulf, an ancient Sumerian port dating back to the third millennium BC.

"The excavations carried out by a team of Iraqi-Italian archaeologists in south-eastern Iraq led by two Italian scientists, Lysia Romano and Franco Dagustino," the Russian news agency Sputnik reported in a report.    

"The port, which is located northwest of Abu Tabira, is an artificial water area in the lowlands. It is surrounded by a huge muddy earth, with two entrances connecting it to the city," said the archaeologist. "This is the oldest port discovered in Iraq." 

"The discovery of this port will help discover a new chapter in the history of Mesopotamia and dispel the idea that the old cities were surrounded by grain fields and irrigation canals," he said.

"Scientists do not rule out that this port, which is equivalent to more than 12 Olympic swimming pools, is not only used for docking and commercial operations with other cities, but also as a water reservoir and a huge basin in case of flooding."

He said the results of the excavations were due to be presented in Rome on Wednesday.

[/rtl][/size]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:03 am