Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

One of the participants dropped the statue of "Saddam" bronze: "We had one dictator now we have hund

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

One of the participants dropped the statue of "Saddam" bronze: "We had one dictator now we have hund Empty One of the participants dropped the statue of "Saddam" bronze: "We had one dictator now we have hund

Post by Rocky Sat 07 Apr 2018, 9:08 am

One of the participants dropped the statue of "Saddam" bronze: "We had one dictator now we have hundreds"
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Saturday, April 07, 2018 at 14:14 pm (Number of views 166)
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]One of the participants dropped the statue of "Saddam" bronze: "We had one dictator now we have hundreds"
    Fifteen years after the US invasion of Iraq, many still wonder about the fate of the statue of Saddam Hussein, the tall bronze statue that was in Paradise Square and where it is now, to indicate that it was dismantled on the day of its fall and distributed in different areas.

The bronze statue of Saddam Hussein was exposed to the dismantling of his parts, on the same day of his fall, in Paradise Square, 

While researching a book on the statues of Saddam Hussein in 2010, he received an email from a US Marine telling him that he and his two friends were carrying one of Saddam's hands, but they lost it in the mail.

Ten years after the fall of Saddam Hussein's bronze statue, Qadoum al-Jubouri, who took part in dropping the statue from his platform with a large hammer, said he regretted his participation in the act.

"I hated Saddam, and I dreamed five years ago that I dropped this statue, but what followed was a bitter disappointment," said Jubouri, the owner of a motorcycle spare parts shop, in his interview with The Observer.

"In the past we had one dictator, and now we have hundreds," he said. "This reflects popular sentiment in a country steeped in political problems and corruption, where killings continue almost daily, and nothing has changed for the better."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 1:15 pm