Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Turkey launches plan after the collapse of the lira to a historical level

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Turkey launches plan after the collapse of the lira to a historical level Empty Turkey launches plan after the collapse of the lira to a historical level

Post by Rocky Mon 13 Aug 2018, 2:09 am

Turkey launches plan after the collapse of the lira to a historical level

Turkey launches plan after the collapse of the lira to a historical level 9377

Turkish Finance Minister Pert Albirk announced that his country has prepared a plan of action and its institutions will begin taking the necessary measures Monday morning to calm the fears of the financial markets after the decline of the major lira recently.
    The plan was prepared for banks and the real economy sector, including small and medium-sized companies, which are most affected by exchange rate fluctuations, the minister said in an interview with the newspaper Hurriet.
    "From Monday morning onwards, our institutions will take the necessary steps," he said, adding that they would issue market announcements.
    "Our plan and procedures are all ready," he said, but gave no details of the steps to be taken.
    On Sunday, the lira hit its lowest level against the dollar since 2001, in the latest episode of the currency collapse, which experts attribute mainly to the policies of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
    The Turkish currency recorded 7.24 liras per dollar, as a result of investor concerns about Erdogan's attempt to interfere in economic affairs and the aggravation of the crisis between Ankara and Washington, according to Reuters.
    The decline follows a "catastrophic collapse" of the Turkish currency on Friday, losing 20 percent of its value against the dollar on that day. 

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:19 am