Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Scientists make a pill against obesity

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Scientists make a pill against obesity Empty Scientists make a pill against obesity

Post by Rocky Thu 23 Aug 2018, 2:00 am

Scientists make a pill against obesity 2018822143931251M2
    Scientists make a pill against obesity
    A team of Australian scientists has created an anti-obesity pill after discovering the protein responsible for obesity, and is expected to help reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and dementia.
    The scientists conducted a series of experiments in rats, stopping the CerS1 enzyme (Ceramide Synthesis 1), which turned out to be responsible for obesity, and found that the mice remained lean despite eating high-fat foods.
    The researchers found that stopping ceramide synthase 1 contributed to fat burning in mice treated with the drug.
    The drug, called PO53, has been developed to target the protein responsible for obesity, which is thought to be linked to insulin resistance in muscles and liver.
    "As obesity is a powerful factor contributing to cardiovascular disease and cancer, treatment that fights obesity can reduce the risk of these serious diseases," said Nigel Turner, associate professor at the University of New South Wales.
    The Australian team hopes the same will apply to humans, and they consider the discovery a major step forward in the fight against obesity and associated diseases.
    The findings open up new potential avenues for obesity, the researchers said, and stressed the need for further studies to determine whether these results apply to humans, the Mirror Online reported.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 9:17 am