Oil announces near 50 million cubic feet per day of gas fields in Dhi Qar[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Undersecretary of the Ministry of Oil for Gas Affairs, Hamid Yunus, on Wednesday, close to the investment of 50 million cubic feet per day of gas associated with the production of oil fields in the fields of Dhi Qar, after the success of investment 1450 million cubic feet of it out of the total quantity in the country of 2800 million cubic feet Standard daily.
"The available gas in Iraq, 70 percent of which is associated with the production of oil, and the remaining 30 percent is what has been discovered as gas fields," Yunus said in an interview with the newspaper "Al-Sabah" The product of gas in the country is associated with the production of oil only. "
He added that "the priority was in general for the production of oil and there were no concerns associated gas, despite the fact that it is a marginal economic wealth of oil," noting that "the Ministry has placed since 2015 in the priorities of the interest in the issue of investment gas associated with being an important economic source and friend of the environment and enter the technology of industries as consumers Fuel, electric power and other industries ".
"The production of associated gas from 1927 to 2015 was estimated at 700 million standard cubic feet per day, which was then increased to 1450 million standard cubic feet, a reference to the increase, to the Ministry's interest in this important vital industry," Yunus said.
Yunus explained that the gas industry is complex as it starts from the process of separating it from the crude through complex facilities, pointing out that, despite this, the ministry began to develop facilities to invest the entire gas produced with crude and managed to raise the capacity to 100 percent compared to old energies during the past years, The existence of a plan implemented by the ministry under the auspices and follow-up government, including the completion of the full investment of gas produced with oil by 2023.
"The total production gas associated with oil in all its details is 2,800 million standard cubic feet per day, of which only 1450 million are currently invested," the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Oil said. "Gas associated with oil production can not be invested 100 percent in all countries investing in this type."
"The oil ministry is going to invest according to the plan, which also includes the oil fields that will be developed and are placed within the plan prepared until 2023," he said.