Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

China: Do not press the last African ally of Taiwan to win his loyalty

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

China: Do not press the last African ally of Taiwan to win his loyalty Empty China: Do not press the last African ally of Taiwan to win his loyalty

Post by Rocky Sat 01 Sep 2018, 9:02 am

[size=42]China: Do not press the last African ally of Taiwan to win his loyalty 1035015468
    [size=42]China: Do not press the last African ally of Taiwan to win his loyalty[/size]
    [/size]
    [ltr]© Sputnik. Iliya Pitalev[/ltr]

THE WORLD
    15:14 01.09.2018Copy the link
     0 10

BEIJING (Reuters) - China is exerting no pressure on the kingdom of Taiwan's last diplomatic ally, Swatini, to turn its allegiance to Beijing, though it believes it is only a matter of time to do so, a senior Chinese diplomat said on Saturday.
    China has increasingly expressed its willingness to win the allegiance of Swatini, previously known as Swaziland, instead of Taiwan, although the Swatini government has accused China of playing with brains and has said it does not want to abandon Taipei.
    China: Do not press the last African ally of Taiwan to win his loyalty 1020947518
    [ltr]© SPUTNIK. ALEXANDER VILF[/ltr]
    [size]
    Taiwan is losing another ally in favor of China[/size]

E Swatini will be the only African country not represented at a major summit between China and African countries in Beijing this week as Chinese President Xi Jinping is likely to offer new loans and aid to Africa.
    Xu Jinghu, China's special envoy for Africa, said in a press statement that the Swatini case and its lack of ties to Beijing were "an important question" but added that it was up to her to take the initiative, according to Reuters.
    "On this issue, we will not exert any pressure and we will wait for the right time," he said. "I think that day will come sooner or later."
    Taiwan, which China sees as a breakaway province, has formal ties now with only 17 countries, mostly small and developing countries in Central America and the Pacific, including Belize and Nauru.
    Taiwan has vowed to tackle China's "increasingly out of control" behavior after Taipei lost another ally last month in favor of Beijing when El Salvador became the third country to change its allegiance to China this year.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:56 am