Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Abadi: I will support Abdul Mahdi if he gets the support of Sistani

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Abadi: I will support Abdul Mahdi if he gets the support of Sistani  Empty Abadi: I will support Abdul Mahdi if he gets the support of Sistani

Post by Rocky Fri 28 Sep 2018, 3:05 am

[rtl]Abadi: I will support Abdul Mahdi if he gets the support of Sistani [/rtl]

[rtl][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi (Archive photo)[/rtl]

Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi said on Friday he was ready to support Adel Abdul-Mahdi to succeed him if he gets the support of the Supreme Shiite cleric Ali al-Sistani.
    These comments were conveyed by a source in the victory coalition led by Abbadi and settled in third place in the recent parliamentary elections contrary to his expectations.
    "Some of the political circles and the media affiliated with it attribute words to the religious reference that its candidate for the presidency of the next government is Mr. Adel Abdul Mahdi," Abadi said in a statement distributed to reporters by mail.
    "We know that the wise reference does not go into details and labels, but if this is a reference option, I will announce my support for it," said Abbadi, who aspires to win a second term.
    Sistani recently said he would not support former prime ministers after failing to do their jobs but looking for a "new face" that would be "strong."
    Although al-Sistani did not interfere much in politics, he called before the elections Iraqi voters to elect new faces after he said successive governments failed to secure a decent life for Iraqis and could not address the corruption rampant in Iraqi institutions for 15 years.
    Sistani intervened in 2014 and issued a statement that cut the way for former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to get a third term of the rule, after the invasion of the militants of the organization calling two-thirds of Iraq's territory. Abadi was succeeded by his predecessor, Maliki, both of whom belong to the Dawa party.
    Maliki recently said he would not run for prime minister, but Abadi seemed determined to have a second term amid US support.
    Sistani, in his Friday sermons, traditionally followed by his aides, said the next prime minister should be "firm and strong" to fight corruption. The man with legendary Shi'ite influence sees the government led by Abbadi as unsuccessful.
    Sistani's latest position was the efforts of the political blocs competing in forming a coalition government, waiting for enormous security and economic challenges.
    Iraq's infrastructure remains in disrepair, despite the 15 years since Saddam Hussein's regime was toppled by US forces.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 7:29 am