Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Masoum calls on the end of his duties to adhere to the Constitution

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Masoum calls on the end of his duties to adhere to the Constitution Empty Masoum calls on the end of his duties to adhere to the Constitution

Post by Rocky Thu 04 Oct 2018, 3:00 am

Masoum calls on the end of his duties to adhere to the Constitution
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    BAGHDAD - Former President Fuad Masum called on Wednesday to uphold the constitution and uphold the principles and rights of citizenship, in a speech to the Iraqi people on the occasion of the end of his official duties as President of the Republic:
    The text of the speech is as follows:

All Iraqis,

Dear sons of our people,

On the occasion of the end of our official duties as President of the Republic, I express my sincere thanks and appreciation to all our dear people for all the trust and support they have given me in fulfilling my constitutional responsibilities during the past four years as head of state and symbol of national unity and representative of the country's sovereignty. Full sovereignty of the Constitution and the preservation of Iraq's independence, sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity, in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution.
    With the completion of the full constitutional term of my responsibilities, which I had the privilege of taking over and bearing the burden of its secretariat after being entrusted to me for more than four years, I feel comfort, pride and reassurance for the success I have achieved in leading my country to safety after enabling it to pass. All these dangers, which were close to him, and I mean, when we assume responsibility at a stage is undoubtedly the most difficult and perhaps the most dangerous period in the history of our country, where he had previously been able to organize the call for the terrorist occupation of several Iraqi provinces, especially the second largest provinces of the country Nineveh and its capital Mosul and the approaching criminals from US The capital of Baghdad, in a minute and difficult circumstances, and in light of a serious collapse in global oil prices has reduced our revenues from it to almost quarter, coinciding with deep divisions and failures of the unfortunate result of recent democratic experience and even the fragility of some foundations because of the radicalization of the system of quotas and the exacerbation of the epidemic of corruption and the continuation of the disadvantages of the heavy legacy
    From 24 July 2014 until today, I have worked from the position of our constitutional responsibilities effectively and forcefully, but with the utmost care and persistence, to confront and overcome all difficulties with awareness, patience and a firm will. I did not hesitate to fulfill my duty to protect the Constitution and take care of the interests of all Iraqis without discrimination In strengthening the national response to the crises and dangers that have afflicted our country and our region.
    Throughout our four years of presidency, at all levels and levels, we have never thought of being a representative of a component, sect or party, but as the president of all of Iraq and a true and honest defender of our people's just aspirations for freedom and a decent life. Return to its proper place among nations.
    I can not restrain my commitment to the presidency, but I reaffirm my call, which I never ate, to uphold the constitution, uphold the principles and rights of citizenship, and achieve community reconciliation by establishing a serious, sustainable and tolerant dialogue between all the people, Be alone with the willpower and patriotism and adherence to human values, the safety valve to ensure the solution of the most difficult problems and overcome obstacles, and to move forward dependence on God, and confidence in the people towards the protection of Iraq's independent unified, and ensure the rights of all Iraqis without discrimination, S women stipulated in the Constitution.
    Our tasks were not always easy to accomplish. However, we have not left any of the difficulties and problems inherited or emergency to constitute a serious obstacle to our aspirations and orientations. We have been steadfast and supportive to ensure the right of citizens to demonstrate and meet and peacefully express their feelings and demands to improve the conditions of their economic and service life or to reject the manifestations of corruption and frustration and made practical recommendations to address this sometimes, as happened with the events of Basra province recently Basra, while we resorted to the cessation of some legislation affecting freedoms and constitutional rights.
    As our national unity is a priority, we have made every effort to bring together views and mediation to resolve any problems or disputes between fraternal and other countries, driven by the factor of friendship, historical relations, common interests and strategic understanding.
    We are also proud of our founding and dedication to the policy of winning friends. We are keen to ensure that our relations with all are good and that we do not look at this or that state with the eyes of another country, especially since we are not isolated from our regional and international environment and its geographic, political and religious complexities. Solve them peacefully and through mutual dialogue.
    We have always considered that "any violation or violation of the Constitution is an attack on the basis of our common will. We have also endeavored with patience and determination to bring together all the national and international friendly energies to meet the requirements of the last four years and focused on defeating terrorism, the return of the displaced, reconstruction, Spreading regional stability and developing the democratic federal constitutional system that all citizens aspire to.
    We have worked with determination and determination to give high priority to the fulfillment of the responsibilities stipulated in Article 73 of the Constitution on the powers of the President of the Republic and reflected their implications in a number of major gains, perhaps the most prominent:
    - Our continuous but daily work to unify the word of the Iraqis and strengthen the relations of understanding and integration between the three presidencies and the judicial authority through our initiative to organize regular or regular meetings, thus focusing on the priority of the implementation of the provisions of the Constitution and the rights of citizens and unity of the national position on any new events in national,
    - We sought to solve any problems between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government and bring the points of view between them as well as between the parties to the political process and representatives of the Iraqi components, and involve them in further national dialogue to resolve any disputes or problems pending or emergency.
    We made continuous efforts to promote democratic practices in our political life. One of the most prominent results was the acceleration of the ratification of the Political Parties Law on the one hand and the introduction of a new electoral law. The presidential law, which in its absence remains the presidency suffers many problems in the exercise of its constitutional work.
    We have worked hard and diligently to mobilize international support for our country to eradicate terrorism. We also took the lead in calling for an international conference for the reconstruction of Iraq, and we gathered all our resources to deliver the voice of Iraq to regional and international forums in defense of our interests and our national rights. Neighboring countries as well as success in mobilizing the support of the international community to include the file of marshes and archaeological sites of Iraq within the list of UNESCO World Heritage.
    We have given special attention to supporting the youth, feminism, trade union, sports, journalism and educational sectors as well as supporting the national economy in various ways, including our ratification of basic laws including the Iraqi National Oil Company Law, the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission Law, the Labor Law, As well as supporting the private sector and providing legislation, climate and legal protection for foreign investments.
    We have also worked actively to strengthen the judiciary and enhance the independence and immunity of the judiciary by ratifying important legislation in this regard, particularly the Supreme Judicial Council Law, the State Council Law, the Judicial Institute Act, the Amnesty Law, And the law of perpetuating the sacrifices of the martyrs of the war against the gangs, urging the terrorist and expediting the completion of their transactions and taking care of their wounds, without forgetting the ratification of the decrees for the execution of those accused of savage crimes or terrorist crimes, including all death sentences for the crime of Spyker.
    O sons of our father,
    The exercise of our powers over the past four years, apart from any external interference, has exposed a number of constitutional gaps that have hindered and hindered the work of the state and its institutions properly. Therefore, we believe that the constitution as the basic and higher law is in urgent need of revision and amendment in order to develop and address the gaps and deficiencies and keep abreast of international legal developments as well as the need to be a guarantor of the national consensus full and effective around it and expressing the need for immediate and vital to deal with emergency crises and dangerous turns.
    I am happy to take this opportunity to reiterate that the wording of our Iraqi constitution, which was written at a difficult time, is characterized by progress and durability in general. However, all democratic countries, even the most advanced ones, took years to reach constitutions that guarantee genuine democracy. Hence the need for continuous but permanent development of our Constitution as well. We do not hesitate to say here that all of our current political crises are fundamentally constitutional or legal, exacerbated by the absence of the Constitutional Amendments Committee without having completed their tasks, and by the existence of divergent interpretations of this constitutional provision, which allowed intervention in the abuse of their employment sometimes.
    In general, we all have comments on the constitution, but now it is the only guarantor to protect our country and our people and their future from dangers. It is our duty to uphold the Constitution and the spirit of the Constitution in the relationship between the three authorities and to issue laws and legislations as well as to implement them. Including ensuring the maintenance of constitutional life, the protection of human rights, respect for the status and rights of women and all components, and all that would lead to the development of democratic practice and the protection of Iraq's unity and sovereignty.
    In conclusion, as I leave my presidential responsibilities, I am very pleased and see my country firmly advancing towards the establishment of a State of rights and citizenship and with the confidence and ability of our people to overcome all the difficulties facing it.
    On this occasion, I can not but salute those who stood by me and worked with me and took the pressure and sacrifices to build a democratic and pluralistic homeland.
    I also salute the new President Dr. Barham Saleh on his election to this responsibility and wish him every success in accomplishing his great tasks.
    I promise you that I will remain among your ranks, continuing the service of my people and my country, looking forward to what makes Iraq a stable, prosperous and developed democracy.

May God keep our people safe, safe and free.
    Iraq is free and democratic and federal.
    Peace, mercy and blessings of God".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:30 pm