Saudi Arabia reveals for the first time talks with Qatar[/rtl]
[rtl]Release date: 2018/10/27 10:42 • 97 times scheduled[/rtl]
(Al-Furat News) Saudi Arabia revealed, for the first time, the talks for the first time with Qatari officials, according to the Minister of Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubair.
Al-Jubeir talked about the strategic Middle East alliance, pointing out that he will not be affected by the diplomatic dispute, according to the agency quoted by "Reuters".
"Security cooperation with Qatar is ongoing and the strategic Middle East alliance will not be affected by the diplomatic dispute," the minister said during his participation in the first day of the second day of the Manama Dialogue conference in Bahrain.
"The Middle East strategic alliance talks in Saudi Arabia have been attended by Qatari officials," he said, adding that the Middle East Strategic Alliance discussions continue and focus on setting a framework.
"We strongly support the Strategic Middle East Alliance and held meetings in Saudi Arabia recently with all GCC countries And with Egypt. "
On June 5, 2017, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt severed relations with Qatar and imposed a blockade on it for its support of terrorism. Doha denies this and accuses the Quartet of seeking to impose its guardianship over its national decision.
As a step towards resolving the crisis, the four Arab countries submitted a list of demands, including 13 items, in exchange for the lifting of punitive measures against Qatar. The latter rejected all these demands and considered them as interference in their "national sovereignty."
On the other hand, Qatar, through the Kuwaiti mediator and Western officials, has asked the four Arab countries to sit at the dialogue table to find a solution to the crisis. But this has not happened so far.