Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The dollar is climbing for a third day as bond yields and sterling are falling

rocky
rocky
NNP TEAM
NNP TEAM

The dollar is climbing for a third day as bond yields and sterling are falling Empty The dollar is climbing for a third day as bond yields and sterling are falling

Post by rocky Wed 12 Dec 2018, 6:37 am

The dollar is climbing for a third day as bond yields and sterling are falling

The dollar is climbing for a third day as bond yields and sterling are falling 808

The dollar rose for a third consecutive day on Wednesday, as US Treasury yields rose ahead of a widely-anticipated Federal Reserve meeting to raise interest rates for the fourth time this year.
US interest rates may be nearing a peak, but the relative differences between interest rates still provide some support for the dollar index, which measures the performance of the greenback against a basket of currencies, rising 0.02 percent to 97.41.
The dollar also received support from reports that China is considering reducing import duties on US-made cars to 15 percent from 40 percent now, and a Canadian court has released the financial director of Huawei Technologies on bail.
However, market movements were limited as there was little change in currencies, which are an indicator of investors' appetite for risk, such as the Australian dollar and the euro against the Swiss franc, which gained little change.
Sterling was the biggest loser, dropping below $ 1.25 after lawmakers voted to withdraw confidence from British Prime Minister Theresa May on Wednesday.
The yuan rose in foreign trade to 6,886 yuan to the dollar, consolidating gains made in the previous session. The yuan strengthened on Tuesday with support from news that Beijing and Washington were considering next steps in their trade talks.
The dollar was broadly ground against the yen at 113.445 yen, after hitting a week high of 113.52 yen.

Current date/time is Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:24 pm