President Barham Saleh said on Thursday that Iraq and Turkey need a comprehensive agreement to end the issue of water, stressing the importance of the Turkish role in the process of rebuilding Iraq. 

"I have spoken to Erdogan about my visit to Turkey, which is a message for the good of the region," Saleh told a joint press conference with his Turkish counterpart. "Iraq is on the way to reconstruction and return to the regional arena as a key player with its neighbors."

"We are in Turkey in order to reach solutions to the outstanding issues," Saleh said. "Iraq and Turkey need a comprehensive agreement that includes ending the water issue." 

And Saleh stressed that " the water issue must end and that no longer be irks leaders in the two countries , " pointing at the same time that he met before coming to Ankara , the President of the Iraqi government , Adel Abdul Mahdi , who 
took me turn a message to the Turkish leadership. " 

Saleh pointed out that the two sides" will work "

He said," We do not need the commandments of Khardaj and we can cooperate and end conflicts,

On the Syrian file, the Iraqi president stressed the need to "end the conflict in Syria and enable its people to build a state." 

President Saleh arrived in the Turkish capital Ankara on Thursday for a three-day official visit, during which he will meet his Turkish counterpart and other Turkish officials.