Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Urgent action needed to defend email privacy

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Urgent action needed to defend email privacy Empty Urgent action needed to defend email privacy

Post by Neno Tue 04 Mar 2014, 3:26 pm

Email I received from a organization I am apart of "Fight For The Future" (http://www.fightforthefuture.org) for signatures. Just passing this along to help in getting the signatures of what is needed TY...~Neno

Hey there,

Thanks for taking action with us recently. I'm writing because we have a unique opportunity right now to pass a law that will protect our rights to privacy and free speech. We need everyone to take action on this today. Will you?

Click here to keep the government out of your email.

Read on below for the full story. Thanks for being part of our team and fighting for the future. If you ever don't want to get emails from us anymore, just use the unsubsribe link at the bottom, no worries.

Sincerely,
    -Evan at FFTF

Dear Fight for the Future member,

Government spying is out of control. Click here to shut down one piece of the nightmare.

Just last week, The Guardian revealed possibly the most disturbing revelation yet from the Snowden documents. British spy agency GCHQ has intercepted and stored images from millions of innocent people’s webcams, including a “large quantity” of sexually explicit images, under a program un-ironically codenamed “Optic Nerve.” (1).

This is literally the nightmare scenario that everyone has been thinking since we first started to learn the grotesque scope of dragnet government surveillance. The UK government is literally watching millions of people through the cameras on their computers -- pe ople who are suspected of no wrongdoing. We can only assume they’ve collected and stored images of people having sex, arguing, using the bathroom, images of our children and elders. It turns my stomach as I write about it.

The worst part? Abusive spying like this isn’t limited to top secret agencies like NSA and GCHQ. Outdated privacy laws make it way too easy for literally hundreds of government agencies, from the IRS to local cops, to invade your privacy for no good reason (2).

Right now, we have an urgent opportunity to make a crucial fix to one of these laws and shut the cops out of our computers.

We need your signature. Click here to tell your reps to support the Email Privacy Act and keep the U.S. government from reading your email.

We can’t stop all the privacy abuses in one day, but it’s clear from today’s news that -- if we don’t push back on runaway government surveillance every chance we get -- there is literally nothing that these agencies won’t do in their misguided quest to collect everything

The Email Privacy Act would reform key pieces of ECPA, the outdated law that government agents currently use as a loophole to snoop on people’s email without a warrant. There’s serious momentum for it in Congress right now, we just have to push it over the edge.

Click here to take action to defend online privacy.

Dozens of groups are mobilizing this week and next to make sure that this bill gets passed and restores some sanity to our online privacy laws. Thanks for being part it. Please forward this email to everyone you know. They’ll thank you.

More soon,
    -Tiffiniy, Holmes, and Evan
    Fight for the Future

P.S. You can help spread the word about this campaign by sharing it: Share on Facebook  |  </ span>Share on Twitter

SOURCES:
    1) The Guardian, GCHQ intercepted webcam images of millions of Yahoo users worldwide
    2) Center for Democracy and Technology, ECPA resource page
    -------------------

Want more awesome more often?

*Like us on Facebook

*Follow us on Twitter
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Urgent action needed to defend email privacy Empty Re: Urgent action needed to defend email privacy

Post by Neno Tue 04 Mar 2014, 3:53 pm

This is what the petitioned signature are used for:

"I'm writing in support of HR 1852 to update the Electronic Communications Privacy Act - or ECPA. It's time the public has a guarantee that government can't access our email or online documents without a warrant. The government should recognize that our online communications and documents have the same constitutional protections as postal mail and files we store in our desk drawers. Please tell the Representative to cosponsor HR 1852."

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:30 pm