The Council of Ministers issues a number of decisions including investment, land and taxation
21:30 - 16/04/2019
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Information / Baghdad
On Tuesday, the cabinet issued a number of decisions, including investment and industrial land, and bulldozing of orchards, electricity and taxes.
"The Cabinet held its ordinary session under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, and decided to authorize the Prime Minister to approve the amendments that may be made to the draft investment promotion agreement between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, which was approved by the Council of Ministers. Ministers ".
He added that "the Council voted to extinguish the debts of the Republic of Iraq within the funds of the League of Arab States, and extinguish the balance of the balance of the Iraqi loan in the name of Tunisia in recognition of its position on extinguishing its debts to Iraq, and approved the Council to secure liquidity in the support and support of some hospitals."
The Council agreed to the Ministry of Electricity to contract with the elite company on the maintenance, operation and rehabilitation of the Doura thermal power station, and approved the inclusion of imported petroleum products in favor of the Ministry of Oil resolutions of the Council of Ministers numbered (23 for 2018 and 3 of 2019) Customs, including with the customs law. "
He explained that "the Council of Ministers authorized the Minister of Finance to negotiate and sign a draft agreement to avoid double taxation and prevent the evasion of the payment of taxes on income and capital between the Government of the Republic of Iraq and the Government of Saudi Arabia, as amended by the Council of State, based on the provisions of Article (80 / ) Of the Constitution. "
He pointed out that "the Council decided to authorize the Minister of Transport to negotiate and sign a draft cooperation agreement between the Government of the Republic of Iraq and the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the field of maritime transport as amended by the Council of State, based on the provisions of Article (80 / item VI) of the Constitution.
On the land and orchards, the Cabinet decided to form a high-level working team (Ministry of Finance / State Real Estate Department, Ministry of Justice / General Directorate of Real Estate Registration, Ministry of Agriculture / General Directorate of Agricultural Land, Municipality of Baghdad) to prepare a preparatory program for a major workshop Through which the final recommendations necessary for the purpose of redrafting and issuing decisions on the destruction of agricultural land and orchards, and approved the Council of Ministers to address the phenomenon of fish deaths.
To allocate land for industrial purposes, the Council agreed on the following:
- The ministries and entities not affiliated with the Ministry and the relevant provinces to extract the plots of land belonging to the appropriate areas and allocated for industrial purposes of various types with the aim of establishing industrial parks and areas.
- The use of developers and investors to establish these complexes and areas and provide them with the necessary services in exchange for the wages they receive from the beneficiaries of those complexes.
- Training unemployed youth according to a training program prepared by the relevant authorities for this purpose.
- Providing unemployed youth with small loans for the purpose of establishing their industrial projects.
- Authorizing the governors the powers of the ministries necessary to implement the necessary measures all to implement the above.
Second: To form a committee headed by the Minister of Labor and Social Affairs to supervise the implementation of the provisions of paragraph 1 above and to grant all necessary powers to implement this decision. End 25 n