Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Turkey: Determined to continue gas exploration off the coast of Cyprus

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Turkey: Determined to continue gas exploration off the coast of Cyprus Empty Turkey: Determined to continue gas exploration off the coast of Cyprus

Post by Rocky Tue May 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Turkey: Determined to continue gas exploration off the coast of Cyprus

18:47 - 06/05/2019

Turkey: Determined to continue gas exploration off the coast of Cyprus %D8%BA%D8%A7%D8%B2-696x435
    Information / follow-up ...
    The Turkish Foreign Ministry announced on Monday its intention to continue the work of gas exploration off the coast of Cyprus, despite the position of the United States opposed to this activity.
    The Turkish Foreign Ministry said in a statement that "the statement of the US State Department on the exploration activities in the Turkish continental shelf in the Mediterranean" is not related to the fact, "noting that" the US call for non-prospecting in an area claimed by the Greek Cypriots that they, A valid demarcation agreement, is not a constructive approach and is not in line with international law. "
    "Turkish exploration vessels will continue their activities under the licenses granted to them in 2009 and 2012 (by the internationally recognized Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus).
    "Turkey has maintained its position on the continental shelf in the eastern Mediterranean since 2008 and will continue to defend the rights of the Turkish Cypriots on the continental shelf until the Turkish side of Cyprus accepts our participation in decision-making mechanisms on oil and gas rights in the region and stops unilateral activities In this area".
    "The United States is deeply concerned about Turkey's intentions to carry out prospecting operations in the area that the Republic of Cyprus sees as its exclusive economic zone," State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagos said.
    "This is a very provocative step, and carries the risk of escalation of tension in the region," calling for "Turkish officials to stop these activities, all parties to restraint." End 25 T

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am