Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Malaysian Prime Minister proposes a single gold-linked currency for East Asia

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Malaysian Prime Minister proposes a single gold-linked currency for East Asia Empty Malaysian Prime Minister proposes a single gold-linked currency for East Asia

Post by Rocky Thu 30 May 2019, 6:25 am

Malaysian Prime Minister proposes a single gold-linked currency for East Asia

Malaysian Prime Minister proposes a single gold-linked currency for East Asia 15491

Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad on Thursday put forward the idea of ​​a single trade currency for East Asia to be linked to gold, describing current currency trading in the region as manipulative.
    Mahathir said the proposed currency could be used to settle imports and exports, but not in local transactions.
    "In the Far East, if you want rapprochement, we must start with a single trade currency, not used domestically, but for trade settlement," he said at a conference in Tokyo.
    "The currency we propose should be tied to gold because it is more stable."
    The current foreign exchange system allowed currencies to be manipulated and manipulated by external factors.
    During the financial crisis in Asia, Mahathir ringgit was tied at $ 3.8 and controls were imposed on capital flows. The linkage to the Malaysian currency was discontinued in 2005.
    Earlier this week, the administration of US President Donald Trump said the Treasury Department had found no major trading partner whose practices required listing on currency manipulators, but listed Malaysia on a list of nine countries requiring close scrutiny.
    In response, the central bank said on Wednesday its intervention in the currency market was limited to containing excess volatility.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:42 pm